COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current President: Uhuru Kenyatta
Population: 47,615,739 (2017)
Land Size: 582,646 sq km (224,961 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Sad Love Story Moves Magistrate to Set Free Roadside Food Vendor - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] A Meru magistrate's court set free a single mother who was charged with preparing food in unsanitary conditions.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Alarm as 60 Babies Die at Kiambu Level Five Hospital - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] On January 28 at around 9am, Ms Naomi Gathoni from Ikinu village in Githunguri was rushed to the Kiambu Level Five Hospital by her mother in-law, Rose Wangari, after she developed labour pains.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Murder Suspect Joseph Kori Fathered My Child, New Woman Claims - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] Grace Wahu Wangari, 29, lives a simple life at her home in Kanyariri, Wangige, in Kiambu County.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Graft, Impunity Aiding Terrorism - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] As the country struggles with jihadists, two concerns may complicate the counter-terror war and thus force authorities to revisit their strategy: One, the African Union Mission in Somalia (Amisom) is pulling out of Somalia in 2021, and two; the new terrorist is no longer the foreigner but Kenyan.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Rise and Rise of Kenyatta Empire - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] Feuds and disagreements have torn apart many family businesses in Kenya. Many such collapses has been witnessed and reported in the recent past.