COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current President: Uhuru Kenyatta
Population: 46,661,552 (2016)
Land Size: 582,646 sq km (224,961 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Chikuzee Becomes First Kenyan to Clinch Recording Deal With Diamond's Label - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] Coast- based musician Suleiman Chikuku Abdallah popularly known as Chikuzee has become the first Kenyan artiste to sign with Diamond Platinumz's recording label Wasafi Records (WCB).Chikuzee's manager Musa Babaz, told Nation.co.ke that the artiste has signed a five year deal to work under WCB where he will record solo singles as well as collaborate with fellow artistes signed within the stable, including Diamond.
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Kaya Tiwi On Course to Retain Girls' Basketball Title - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] Kaya Tiwi Secondary from Kwale County on Friday beat Taveta's Mwakitawa 128-23 to stay on course to retain girls' basketball title during Coast Region Secondary Schools Term One Games at Mazeras High.
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Cross Country - Team Kenya Arrives With Swag in Kampala - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Capital FM] Kampala -Dressing in a dazzling maroon dress with a yellow ribbon for the ladies and a dapper navy blue suit look for the men, the Team Kenya Cross Country squad arrived with confidence at the Entebbe International Airport ahead of Sunday's global showpiece at the Kololo Grounds in Kampala, Uganda.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Kenya Needs to Up Its Game to Get TB Under Control - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[The Conversation Africa] Tuberculosis is a global health threat. Newer tools to test for the disease are already in use, changing the landscape to ensure the disease is caught earlier and that treatment begins promptly. The Conversation Africa's Health and Medicine Editor Joy Wanja Muraya spoke to Prof Gunturu Revathi on what's holding Kenya back in its efforts to manage the disease.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Climate Change Making Droughts More Severe - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[IPS] United Nations -The Super El Nino of 2015 to 2016 wrought droughts and floods around the world, yet it is its sister La Nina that is now fuelling drought and hunger in East Africa.