COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current President: Uhuru Kenyatta
Population: 47,615,739 (2017)
Land Size: 582,646 sq km (224,961 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: V. S. Naipaul, His Kenyan-Born Wife, Me and Lone Flower At the Dinner Table - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] Finally, I met Naipaul in person. It was in Freile, Northern Italy, at the home of the Nonino family, the brewers of a special liqueur, Nonino grappa. The three Noninos, mother and her two daughters, who ran the distilleries, looked more like contestants in a beauty tournament than makers of intoxicants. But I had not left California where I taught, and he, England, where he lived, to drown in liquor. I was there to receive the 2011 International Nonino Prize for the Italian translation of my book, Moving
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: Kofi Annan and Kenya - Hero to Some and Villain to Others - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] For at least two months in 2008, Kofi Annan, who died on Saturday aged 80, was the only hope for Kenya's future. Even MPs mulled giving him automatic citizenship and having a major road in the capital Nairobi named after him.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: Despite His Views On Africa, I Choose to Celebrate the Trinidadian's Work - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] Many have written about the life and times of V.S. Naipaul since last Saturday when he passed on. Having said horrendous things about ex-colonials like me, it is inappropriate to for me respond now that he is dead.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: V.s. Naipaul Courted Controversy At Every Turn, but His Voice Could Never Be Ignored - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] In London, miles away from his house in the quaint village of Wiltshire, where he lived with his wife Lady Nadira Naipaul and his cat Augustus, Sir V.S. Naipaul died aged 85.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: Of Sitting in V.s. Naipaul's Makerere Chair, and Personal Recollections of the Legend - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nation] The late Sir V.S. Naipaul first came to East Africa in 1965, just before I first went to Britain, in 1966.