COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current President: Uhuru Kenyatta
Population: 48,397,527 (2018)
Land Size: 582,646 sq km (224,961 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Sakaja, Sonko Clash at Senate Grilling Session - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] Nairobi Senator Johnson Sakaja on Wednesday had to defend himself after Governor Mike Sonko accused him of fighting him as part of campaigns for the governership in 2022.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Sonko Tickles Senators With Strange Toilet Break Request - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has told the Senate's Devolution Committee that he will be visiting the toilet frequently following an 'electrocution accident' at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA).
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Rights Groups Petition Sonko Against 'Misleading' Anti-Abortion Billboards - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] Civil Rights groups in Nairobi on Wednesday petitioned Governor Mike Sonko against what they said were misleading anti-abortion billboards that are erected in different parts of Nairobi.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Man Stabs Friend Over Ten Shillings Debt - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] Police in Kakamega are holding a man from Shianda village, in Kakamega North Sub-County who stabbed his colleague over a Sh10 debt.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: City Lawyer Accused of Killing Son Returns to Police Custody - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] City lawyer Assa Nyakundi, accused of shooting dead his son Joseph at point blank range, was on Tuesday night discharged from Nairobi Hospital.