COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current President: Uhuru Kenyatta
Population: 46,661,552 (2016)
Land Size: 582,646 sq km (224,961 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Safaricom Hits $11.7 Billion Value in New Year Rally - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[East African] Safaricom shares have rallied to an all-time high, nearly touching the Ksh30 ($0.29) mark in Tuesday's trading, which values the telecommunications company at a whopping Ksh1.2 trillion ($11.7 billion).
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Election Petition - Court Orders Vote Recount in Lang'ata - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] The High Court on Monday ordered a recount of votes in six polling stations for Lang'ata constituency.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Rape Claims - Under Siege Kenyatta Hospital Orders More Guards in Wards - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] The Kenyatta National Hospital has been asked to find a way of accommodating new mothers closer to their babies.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Sonko On the Receiving End After 'Creating' New Constituency - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko was on the receiving end on Monday after he appeared not to know the names of constituencies within the county.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Opposition NASA Moves Odinga's 'Oath' Ceremony From Uhuru Park - AllAfrica News: Kenya
[Nairobi News] The National Super Alliance has changed the venue for swearing in Mr Raila Odinga and Mr Kalonzo Musyoka as People's Assembly president and deputy.