COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Alpha Condé
Population: 11, 450,000 (2014)
Land Size: 245,857 sq km (94,926 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - Mar 20, 2017: Three Years After Ebola Outbreak Declared in Guinea, Survivors Still Suffer - Charity - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Dakar -Ebola survivors who suffer from physical and mental health problems struggle to access care
- Tue - Mar 14, 2017: 28 September 2009 Massacre - 'Toumba' Diakité Transferred From Dakar to Conakry - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[PR Newswire] Paris -The extradition procedure of Aboubacar Sidiki Diakité, known as "Toumba", which began when he was arrested in Dakar on 16 December 2016 finally resulted in his transfer to Conakry prison facility on 12 March 2017. The extradition from Senegal to Guinea of "Toumba", who had been on the run for 7 years, is a powerful signal in favour of the fight against impunity in West Africa and testifies of the determination of the Guinean government to hold the 28 September trial as promised.
- Mon - Mar 13, 2017: Soccer - Soft Goals Cost Amajita Dearly As They Miss Out On Bronze - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[Sascoc] The Amajita national U20 men's side went down 2-1 to Guinea in the CAF U20 Africa Cup of Nations third/fourth place play-off on Sunday afternoon, meaning they lost out on a bronze medal.
- Tue - Feb 28, 2017: Strike and Upheaval - the Myth of Trickle-Down, Guinea Edition - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[African Arguments] The recent nationwide protests in Guinea-Conakry transcended ethnic and regional differences, but also highlighted disconnections between top and bottom in Guinea's contentious politics.
- Fri - Feb 24, 2017: HM the King, Guinean President Hold Tête-À-Tête Talks in Conakry - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[MAP] Conakry -HM King Mohammed VI held, on Thursday at the presidential palace in Conakry, tête-à-tête talks with President of the Republic of Guinea, H.E. Alpha Condé.