COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Alpha Condé
Population: 11, 450,000 (2014)
Land Size: 245,857 sq km (94,926 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - May 22, 2017: Liberia Consoles Guinea Over 24 Killed in Motor Accident - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[LINA] President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has sent a message of condolence to Dr. Alpha Conde, President of the Republic of Guinea, due to the unfortunate death of 24 persons and injury to several others in a motor accident.
- Mon - May 22, 2017: Ellen Hails Cameroon, Consoles Guinea - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[NEWS] President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has extended congratulations to the Government and people of the Republic of Cameroon on the occasion marking the 45th anniversary of the National Day of that country.
- Mon - May 22, 2017: Police Investigate Case of African Girl Held As 'Sex Slave' in Australia - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Kuala Lumpur -The 17-year-old from Guinea told investigators she was flown to Sydney via Paris in early April after a man in her home country offered her a job as a cleaner in Australia
- Wed - May 17, 2017: Cameroon-Guinea Promises to Be Tough - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[Cameroon Tribune] Group A matches will again be the centre of action today in Port Gentil with the second game pitting the Cadet Lions of Cameroon against the Silly National of Guinea promising to be tough.
- Wed - May 10, 2017: Guinea Ships Rubber Through Monrovia - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[Observer] Nimba County District #8 Representative Larry P. Younquoi last last Thursday complained to House Speaker J. Emmanuel Nuquay of the Executive Branch of government's unilateral decision to allow a rubber company from neighboring Guinea to use the Freeport of Monrovia to export its processed rubber to other countries without the consent of the Legislature, in violation of Article 32 (f) and (g) of the Constitution.