COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: José Mário Vaz
Population: 1,700,000 (2014)
Land Size: 36,125 sq km (13,948 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Jul 14, 2017: Reforms Are Not Optional for the Country's Stability - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[ISS] When Guinea-Bissau's President José Mário Vaz sacked Domingos Simões Pereira as prime minister in August 2015, the country hit a political stalemate.
- Mon - Jul 10, 2017: Gambia up Against Bissau - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[Foroyaa] Gambia's CHAN team left the country's shores yesterday for Guinea's capital Bissau.
- Sun - Jul 9, 2017: Protesters Call for Political Change - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[Al Jazeera] Tension is mounting in Guinea Bissau between President Jose Mario Vaz and parliament which has not been able to pass a single law in the last two years. The unrest has spilled onto the streets as protesters call for political change and stability.
- Thu - Jul 6, 2017: Junior Scorpions Leave for Bissau Return Leg Friendly - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[Daily Observer] The Gambia National Home Based Team (CHAN) under the guidance of Coach Alhagie Sarr is scheduled to leave for Bissau today, Thursday 6th July for the return leg friendly international with their counterparts, the Wild Dogs of Guinea Bissau slated for Saturday July 8th in Bissau.
- Fri - Jun 30, 2017: Fresh Talks to End 2-Year Deadlock - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[RFI] Guinea-Bissau's President Jose Mario Vaz was scheduled to meet political parties on Thursday to try to put an end to the country's political crisis. He's been given three months by the West African Economic Community (Ecowas) to find a solution.