COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: José Mário Vaz
Population: 1,792,338 (2017)
Land Size: 36,125 sq km (13,948 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 5, 2018: Sub-Regional Training On Mediation - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[Foroyaa] The Senegal-Gambia- Bissau Guinea Women Peace Forum held two workshops from 19 to 25 November 2018 in Ziguinchor.
- Wed - Dec 5, 2018: Govt Naturalizes Senegalese Refugees - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[VOA] Senegalese refugees in Guinea-Bissau are getting identification cards after years -- and, for some, decades -- of living in a state of limbo.
- Tue - Dec 4, 2018: Women Team Up to Boost Business Know-How, Sales - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[VOA] A group of young female business owners in Guinea Bissau have banded together to increase their business knowledge. They say the cooperation is increasing sales. From street vendors to women who own their own shops, Adele Gomes likes to encourage young female entrepreneurs in Guinea Bissau.
- Mon - Nov 19, 2018: Namibia, Guinea Bissau Share Spoils - Brave Warriors Remain On Top - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[Namibia Economist] NFA -The Brave Warriors and Guinea Bissau played to a thrilling goalless draw at the Sam Nujoma Sadium in Windhoek in their 2019 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) finals qualifiers to remain top of Group K on eight points each.
- Mon - Nov 19, 2018: We Can Still Qualify for 2019 Afcon, Says Hopeful Mannetti - AllAfrica News: Guinea Bissau
[New Era] Windhoek -Despite being held to an exhilarating goalless draw by the visiting Wild Dogs of Guinea Bissau in Saturday's 2019 African Cup of Nations (Afcon) Group K crunch qualifier at the Sam Nujoma Stadium, all hope is not yet lost for the Brave Warriors as chances remain aplenty for Namibia to make a historic third appearance at Africa's biggest football showpiece.