COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: AccraGovernment: Constitutional Democracy
Current President: Nana Akufo-Addo
Population: 27,043,093 (2014)
Land Size: 238,533 sq km (92,098 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: We Took Gh¢42K From Journalists - EC Boss - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Chronicle] The Chairperson of the Electoral Commission (EC), Mrs Charlotte Osei, has disclosed that her outfit collected a total amount of GH¢42,710 as proceeds from the sale of media accreditation for the 2016 General Elections.
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: ECG Promises Customers Reliable Power Supply in Tema Region - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Chronicle] In its attempt to improve upon the supply of power to its customers in the Tema region, the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) has installed a new outdoor 132 MVA sub-station at the Tema Industrial Area.
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: Vitus Azeem Stirs Taxation Controversy - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Chronicle] If the call by the Synod Clerk of the South Volta Presbytery of the Evangelical Presbyterian (EP) Church to the government to rope churches into the tax net is controversial, then the more controversial topic for debate is the latest call by Vitus Azeem to tax funeral and wedding donations, saying it is a sure way to raise more revenue.
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: Soberly Reflecting This EC! - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Chronicle] Private thoughts on Charlotte and her "Charlotteers."
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: Unido Supports Ghanaian Export Coys - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Chronicle] The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) has started providing technical support to Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) and companies producing for export in Ghana.