COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: AccraGovernment: Constitutional Democracy
Current President: Nana Akufo-Addo
Population: 28,102,471 (2018)
Land Size: 238,533 sq km (92,098 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Nov 15, 2019: Small Political Parties Have Found a Way to Stay Afloat - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[The Conversation Africa] In the past 27 years, Ghana has witnessed three democratic changes of government. National electoral contests have been decided between two main parties, on either side of the political spectrum. There are also a number of minor parties, some of which trace their ideological and philosophical foundations to the independence leader, Kwame Nkrumah. In the most recent election, the smaller, Nkrumahist parties got only 1% of the vote and are barely staying afloat.
- Thu - Nov 14, 2019: Make Science, Technology Relevant to Ghanaians - President to Scientists - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Times] President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has urged scientists in the country to help make science and technology more relevant in providing dignified standards of living for Ghanaians.
- Thu - Nov 14, 2019: Ablekuma North Municipality Rakes in 80 Per Cent of Targeted Revenue - MCE - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Times] As part of measures to empower the youth in the Ablekuma North Municipality of the Greater Accra Region, the assembly has supported some youths to undergo a year-long training in entrepreneurial skills development.
- Thu - Nov 14, 2019: GIJ 1997 Year Group Supports 60th Anniversary Celebration - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Times] The 1997 year group of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) yesterday presented items and cash worth GH₵7,500 to their alma mater for its 60th anniversary celebration.
- Thu - Nov 14, 2019: Vodafone Healthline Saves 5-Year-Old - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Times] Vodafone Healthline has brought smiles on the faces of five-year-old Sarah Botchway and her foster parents, after the multiple award-winning TV programme saved her from an eye tumour.