COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: AccraGovernment: Constitutional Democracy
Current President: Nana Akufo-Addo
Population: 27,043,093 (2014)
Land Size: 238,533 sq km (92,098 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Child Labour Is Harmful to the Physical, Moral and Mental Development of Children - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghana Govt.] I lived 5 years of my life working tirelessly for one very wealthy man who could have treated me better than he did or, perhaps, ensure that I was educated also. I was denied formal education. I had no time to enjoy life as any normal child. At age 8, I was solely responsible for the upkeep of the house of this man.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Fishermen Agree to Put a Stop to Light Fishing - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghana Govt.] Fishermen in the coastal regions of the country have agreed to put a stop to light fishing as a measure of arresting the consistent decline in the stocks of fish within the coastal waters.
- Wed - Jun 21, 2017: DAFC Administrator Designate Proposes Borrowing to Pre - Finance Activities of Mmdas - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghana Govt.] President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo's nominee for District Assemblies' Common Fund (DACF) Administrator, Madam Irene Naa Torshie Addo, has proposed borrowing from financial institutions to pre- finance the activities of district assemblies.
- Tue - Jun 20, 2017: President Akufo-Addo, Please Implement Your Pension Scheme for Cocoa Farmers - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Chronicle] The Afosu Area Cocoa Farmers Association in the Birim North District of the Eastern Region has appealed to the government to institute a pension scheme for cocoa farmers to free them from poverty in old age. This, according to a GNA report, could be done by deducting tokens from their sales proceeds to sustain the scheme.
- Tue - Jun 20, 2017: Tamale Teaching Hospital CEO Position Turns Tribal - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghanaian Chronicle] The raging tension at the Tamale Teaching Hospital (TTH) over who becomes a substantive Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is fast taking a tribal dimension, as another name has popped up as the favourite of the people of the area.