COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: AccraGovernment: Constitutional Democracy
Current President: Nana Akufo-Addo
Population: 27,043,093 (2014)
Land Size: 238,533 sq km (92,098 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: "Africa Must Industrialise So As to Fund & Implement SDGs" - President Akufo-Addo - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghana Presidency] The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has stated that African countries would have to change the structure of their economies, from raw material dependent economies to industrialised, value-added economies if they are to fully finance the implementation of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: President Akufo-Addo, 7 Others Hold Talks With President Trump - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghana Presidency] The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, together with eight other African Heads of State, on Wednesday, 20th September, 2017, at the side-lines of the 72nd Session of the United Nations General Assembly, held talks with the President of the United States of America, Donald Trump, on US-African relations.
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Tickets Discounted for Uganda vs Ghana World Cup Qualifier - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Federation of Uganda Football Associations] 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier Russia
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: #DrawingWhileBlack - a Celebration of Black Artists By Ghanaian Illustrator Annabelle Hayford - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[This is Africa] The hashtag #DrawingWhileBlack has created a buzz on social media, particularly on Twitter. The organiser, Annabelle Hayford a first generation Ghanaian American wanted to appreciate and celebrate black artists. The artists have come out in droves, sharing drawings which show remarkable talent and finesse.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Dr Bawumia Opens 2017 SOE Policy & Governance Forum - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Ghana Govt.] As part of the overall drive to reform the State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) sector and help them achieve commercial viability, Government is considering the possibility of listing as many SOEs on the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE).