COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: AccraGovernment: Constitutional Democracy
Current President: Nana Akufo-Addo
Population: 29,340.248 (2020)
Land Size: 238,533 sq km (92,098 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 16, 2021: Unpatriotic Citizens Made Twitter Snub Nigeria for Ghana - Govt - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[This Day] The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, yesterday blamed those he described as "unpatriotic Nigerians" for the decision by Twitter to make Ghana its African headquarters.
- Fri - Apr 16, 2021: Minister Blames Media for Twitter Snubbing Nigeria - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Premium Times] Lai Mohammed says this is what you get when you de-market your country
- Thu - Apr 15, 2021: Twitter's Decision to Locate African Hdqrs in Ghana Not Commercial One - Lai Mohammed - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Vanguard] The Minister of Information and Culture, Alh Lai Mohammed has reacted to the choice of Ghana as the location for Twitter new African office over Nigeria and other countries.
- Thu - Apr 15, 2021: Twitter's Decision to Cite HQ in Ghana, a Non-Issue - APC Counters PDP - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[Vanguard] Abuja -- The ruling All Progressives Congress APC has countered the Peoples Democratic Party PDP for lambasting President Muhammadu Buhari's administration over the decision of Twitter to cite the headquarters of its African operations in Ghana.
- Thu - Apr 15, 2021: Police Detain Ghanaian Journalist David Tamakloe Overnight in Relation to 'False News' Complaint - AllAfrica News: Ghana
[CPJ] Abuja -- Police in Ghana should drop their investigation into journalist David Tamakloe and allow him to report freely, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today.