COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 99,465,819 (2015)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: EFF Postpones Dedebit-St. George Decisive Clash - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] The Ethiopian Football Federation announced that the tough clash between the league leaders Dededbit and the second placed Saint George that was set to take place on Sunday was postponed.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Africa's Largest Airline Sets to Dominate Continent's Skies - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Daily News] WITH a mix of strategic investments and partnerships, airline acquisitions, and efficient service delivery, Ethiopian Airlines hopes to take over Africa's skies and change air travel on the continent.
- Mon - Jan 22, 2018: Ethiopian Airlines Inks Deal to Revive National Carrier - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[East African] Ethiopian Airlines has acquired a 45 per cent stake in Zambia Airways that is set to be re-launched after more than two decades.
- Sun - Jan 21, 2018: Security Forces Open Fire on Festival Goers, Killing Five - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Standard] Addis Abeba -At least five people were killed yesterday and several others wounded when security forces opened fire at festival goers in Weldiya, some 510 km north of the capital Addis Ababa, in Amhara regional state, according to Alemayehu Yemiru, a resident of the town; but Alemayehu said he believes the number of causalities could be "much higher."
- Sun - Jan 21, 2018: Hotel Industry Needs Help to Encourage Tourism - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[The Conversation Africa] The global tourism industry has huge economic importance. It contributes 10% of the world's gross domestic product and 6% of exports. One billion people a year travel somewhere in the world.