COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 105,350,020 (2017)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Adding Alternatives in Ports' Menu - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Since Ethiopia extended olive branch to Eritrea, there have been immediate and positive developments between the two countries which catapulted diplomatic relations after years of stalemate.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Informed Social Media Use-to the Youth - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Unless the youths consciously use social media, the platform may end up being destructive. Particularly in times of such broad-based reform efforts our country is engrossed with, ill-intent social media users can have all the potent to disarray what has been achieved so far.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Chamber's Study Reveals Private Sector's Hurdles - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Ethiopian Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations on Wednesday presented a research work aimed at expanding the private sector's economic roles through tackling bad governance.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: ERCA Implements New Customs Management System - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Ethiopian Revenues and Customs Authority (ERCA) introduced new electronic Customs Management System (CMS), which would help to comply with international custom standards.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Countering Rising Contents of Digital Hate Speech - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] With the expansion of social media and heated political debate on national issues, the contents of hate speech and tribalism/racism are arguably on the rise which some experts advice for serious measures and more stricter legislations to contain the unprecedented damage these may result in.