COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 105,350,020 (2017)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Demography and Democratic Yearnings - an Interview With Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Daily Maverick] Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali shares his predecessor predecessor Hailemariam Desalegn's view that democracy is key to Africa because of the urgent need to meet seismic demographic changes.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: PM Ahmed Announces His New Cabinet - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Standard] Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed is announcing his new Cabinet. The new ministerial portfolio will have a record number of female ministers consisting 10 out of the 20 ministers. This includes the position of ministry of defense, which will be held by a woman for the first time in history.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: East Africa Now Owes China $29.4 Billion in Infrastructure Loans - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Nation] East African economies have in the past 10 years borrowed $29.42 billion to grow their transport, communication, manufacturing and energy sectors.
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Agriculture - Great Expectations From Ethiopia's Wheat Initiative. but What Happens When Results Don't Meet Expectations? - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Standard] Small-holder farmers in sub-Saharan Africa often experience lower yields, and efforts to increase them have sprouted throughout Africa. Many farmers fail to adopt modern inputs or farming techniques that would increase productivity due to several constraints, such as lack of available technology, limited liquidity, high perceived risk, constrained access to information, and poorly functioning output markets. Initiating reforms given this background is a slow process. Any new intervention to address these c
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Ethiopian Coach Having Sleepless Nights Over Wanyama, but Hopeful of Bringing Down Stars - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Nairobi News] Ethiopia national team coach Abraham Mebratu says he expects Harambee Stars captain Victor Wanyama to up his first leg performance when the two nations lock horns on Sunday in Nairobi.