COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis AbabaGovernment: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 99,465,819 (2015)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: The Long Arm of Ethiopia Reaches for Those Who Fled - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[HRW] "Wako" fled Ethiopia for Kenya in 2012, after his release from prison. He had been locked up for two years after campaigning for the Oromo People's Congress, an opposition party that has often been targeted by the government.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Cultural Troupes Successful in Strengthening People, Economic Ties - Ministry - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Cultural troupes travelled to various countries have carried out successful missions in consolidating Ethiopia's people-to-people and economic ties with the respective countries, Ministry of Culture and Tourism says.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Call for Cultural Policy Media Popularization - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] The Ministry of Culture and Tourism called on the media to popularize the revised cultural policy aimed at nurturing the constitutionally-guaranteed equal recognition of cultures and languages of Ethiopia.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Wrapping Up the Last Decade of Development - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] We have now embarked on the last year of the first Ethiopian decade into the third millennium. The world has changed a lot since the end of the last millennium with international politics and economics taking radical twists. Especially, the last quarter of a century or so has seen unprecedented rapid changes in Information and communication technologies and subsequent new economic and political orders. Globalization is becoming a reality as we are witnessing a lot of changes due to it everyday.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Al Jazeera's Regional Office Showcases Ethio-Qatar Blossoming Ties - Director - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Al Jazeera's decision to open its Regional Office in Addis Ababa showcased the ever-widening Ethio-Qatar relationship in the media sector, Office Director says.