COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 99,465,819 (2015)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Mar 22, 2018: A Community With Extraordinary Principles - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Awramba is a community found in South Gonder Zone of Amhara State, Ethiopia, 68 km from Bahir Dar. The community was founded in 1972 and live within a place circumscribed by chain of mountains and hills. Nowadays, the place has become a tourist magnet. Many social anthropologists go there to conduct study focusing on the peculiar Awramba community way of life.
- Thu - Mar 22, 2018: Ethiopia in Frontline to Promote Africa's Peace, Stability - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] The African Union Peace and Security Council (PSC) Secretary lauded that fact that Ethiopia is in the frontline in terms of promoting Africa's peace and stability.
- Thu - Mar 22, 2018: What It Takes for AU to End Conflicts - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] African Union has come up with several initiatives to ensure sustainable stability in the continent in the foreseeable future and entirely focus on development agendas. But some doubt the institutional capacity and availability of fertile ground to achieve these lofty goals.
- Thu - Mar 22, 2018: TVET-Industry Linkage to Improve Professional Competency, Productivity - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Ethiopia can benefit hugely from linking its Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) program with its industries as experts contend that such linkage improves manpower competency and industries' productivity.
- Thu - Mar 22, 2018: Ministry Launched ToT to Transform Agriculture Sector - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources launched an extensive ToT (training of trainers) aimed at introducing new knowledge and technological innovation to transform agriculture and increase productivity.