COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 105,350,020 (2017)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Jun 23, 2018: Govt Allows Access to Over 260 Blocked Websites - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[CPJ] New York -The Committee to Protect Journalists today welcomed the Ethiopian government's decision to allow access to 264 websites, including news outlets and blogs, that were blocked in the country. In a tweet today, Fitsum Arega, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed's chief of staff, said that the sites included the diaspora outlets Oromia Media Network (OMN) and Ethiopian Satellite Television and Radio (ESAT). Belay Manaye, a journalist in Addis Ababa, confirmed to CPJ that the outlets were accessible in Ethiopia.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Behind Gurage People's Attachment to Commercial Activities - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Merkato, the largest open air market in Africa is where most Guraghe become succesful
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Ethiopia Adds New Foreign Missions - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] ADDIS ABABA- Ethiopia has expanded its foreign missions over the already ending fiscal year focusing on business diplomacy, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs told The Ethiopian Herald.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Privatizing for Noble Cause! - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] State ownership of public enterprises which Ethiopia has made almost a tradition over the last decades served the country beyond its natural life time. The current climate of business and investment favors private ownership. The size of customers is enlarging at an unprecedented rate with ever emerging demands making the government unable to catch up with it.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Enterprise Secures 225,107,426 Million Birr From Toll Road - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] ADDIS ABABA- A revenue amounting to over 225 million Birr has been collected from Addis-Adama expres sway, said Ethiopian Toll Road Enterprise.