COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 108,386,391 (2018)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Inside Ethiopia's Commodities Pit - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Africa In Fact] In a small, tidy office on the top floor of the Ethiopian Commodity Exchange building in Addis Ababa, communications manager Tewodros Assefa draws two diagrams on a large glass window pane. The window overlooks the capital city's new light rail line, a raised concrete snake that bisects the city. This scene is unexpectedly sophisticated: a modern, first world pastiche in a country better known, not always fairly, for poverty and chaos. Like the new metro, the Ethiopian Commodity Exchange--better known as E
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: The Plastic Pile Weighing On Ethiopia - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Standard] Ethiopia's troubling rise in the use of plastic material is particularly visible when one considers the country's non-existing garbage disposal facility and human behavior
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: New Party Is Welcome News, but Faces Big Hurdles - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[The Conversation Africa] Prime minister Abiy Ahmed, who has been awarded this year's Nobel Prize for Peace, has recently announced the establishment of a new political party in Ethiopia. The Prosperity Party brings together three of the four members of the Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Democratic Front, which used to be the ruling coalition.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Forging A Durable Peace in Horn of Africa - Ethiopian PM's Nobel Peace Prize Speech - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Nobel Prize] Nobel Lecture given by Nobel Peace Prize Laureate 2019 Abiy Ahmed Ali, Oslo, 10 December 2019.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Sudan Participates in Talks On Renaissance Dam in Washington - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[SNA] Washington -Sudan delegation has participated in the discussions between the Foreign and Irrigation Ministers of Sudan, Ethiopia and Egypt which were hosted by the US Treasury in Washington on Monday to assess the results of the technical negotiations for the Ethiopian Renaissance Dam that took place in Cairo and Addis Ababa.