COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 99,465,819 (2015)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Crafting Social Media for Better Tomorrow - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] The existence of mankind with its unique social life style, entirely different from all other creatures on planet earth, is basically dependent on the exchange of information. In fact, being social beings, it is impossible for humans to sustain their life without information. As generations and advanced civilizations come and go through time, human beings have discovered various methods of information exchange, ranging from the simple verbal to sophisticated electronic communications such as social media.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Entrepreneurship Through Hardships Despite Increased Awareness - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] In addition to scarce funding and mentorship and many others problems, some self-made entrepreneurs and trainers argue that entrepreneurship has received less support and remained largely at nascent stage despite an uptick in public attitude.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Tech Hubs for Innovation, Development - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] 'Tech hub' is a buzzword usually used in discussions about technologically advanced cities. Although, different scholars define it differently, generally a tech hub (startup or incubator as some prefer to call it) is understood as a community - informal or otherwise - that brings together young talents to foster innovation.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Call for Embracing Biotechnology to Meet Growing Nutritional Demand - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Sub-Saharan countries urged to embrace biotechnology to ensure food security as their population poised to grow sharply. A three-day long regional conference on Agricultural Biotechnological in Sustainable Food System and Nutrition was launched here yesterday.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Parties Agree to Revise Amended Electoral Code - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Political parties that are involved in the ongoing political parties' dialogue have reached consensus to revise the amended electoral code of Ethiopia, Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF) announced.