COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis AbabaGovernment: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 99,465,819 (2015)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Percolating Development's Fruits to Pastorals - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Studies indicate that about 15 per cent of the nation's population pursue a pastoral way of life and the area they inhabit is characterized by aridity. It covers 60 per cent of the land mostly in the peripheral part of the country. Though, the area is vast, it is underdeveloped as compared to the remaining part of the country. But it has abundant economic resources such as mine, natural gas, livestock etc. Considering the under development of the area in terms of infrastructures such as roads, health centr
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Celebrating NNPS, Flag Days Instilling Diversity Values - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] The Nations, Nationalities and People's and the National Flag Days are contributing to strengthen unity, accommodate diversity and enhance the federal system, according to scholars and officials.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Call for Effective Judicial Services - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] The Federal Supreme Court urged stakeholders to strengthen collective effort to address public complaints through promoting effective judicial services.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Our Aim Is Taking Group C Leadership With Win Over Esperance, Adane Girma - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] "We are in good form. Our aim is taking the Group C leadership with win over Esperance," said the former national team striker Adane Girma a couple of days before his side Saint George face the tough Tunisian side Esperance today, Tuesday, at the Addis Ababa Stadium in their CAF Champions League Group C second day first leg encounter.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Foreign Minister Meets Japanese Special Envoy - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Foreign Affairs Minister Dr. Workneh Gebeyehu met with Ambassador Yoshifomi Okamura, Japanese Special Envoy for TICAD, UN reform and Human rights here yesterday.