COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 108,386,391 (2018)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Ethiopian Govt to Deepen Cooperation With China - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Focac] The Office of the Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed made the remarks in a statement issued on Wednesday.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Chinese Vice Premier Meets Ethiopian PM - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Focac] Beijing -Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng on Wednesday met with Ethiopia's Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali ahead of the Second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation to be held from April 25 to 27 in Beijing.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: TMC Head Meets Ethiopian Ambassador - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[SNA] Khartoum -The Head of the Sudan Ruling Transitional Military Council (TMC) Lit.General, Abdul Al-Fatah Al-Burhan met, Wednesday, at his office, the Ethiopia Ambassador to Sudan.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Easter Expo Sparkles With New Attractions, Few Discounts - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Fortune] Holiday expos of the Easter and Christmas seasons have become cultural fixtures in the city. They are major commercial events involving millions of Birr, hundreds vendors and hundreds of thousands of visitors. The venues are a mix of shopping bazaars, musical entertainments and themed parks that try to draw the public with the lure of discounts, ample supply of product choices and an atmosphere of festivities, reports TEMESGEN MULUGETA, FORTUNE STAFF WRITER.
- Tue - Apr 23, 2019: U.S.-Supports 110 Health Professionals in Completing Field Epidemiology Training - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa] The United States Government, in collaboration with Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI), and the World Health Organization celebrated the graduation of 110 health professionals from the Ethiopian Federal Police Commission and Ministry of National Defense, following their completion of the Frontline Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP), on April 18, 2019