COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 108,386,391 (2018)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Ethiopia Likely to Host East Africa COVID-19 Response Centre - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Fortune] Ethiopia is likely to host a centre for one of the task forces to be established across the continent of Africa in response to the spread and impact of Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Hyatt Regency Closes Doors, Temporarily - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Fortune] Hyatt Regency, one of the 10 internationally franchised hotels in the capital, has temporarily closed its doors through the end of May.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Govt's Emergency Decree to Stay for Five Months - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Fortune] The state of emergency Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed (PhD) announced today will remain enforced for five months, according to informed people within the administration.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Call for Justice for Victims of Oromia - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[East African] The Human Rights Watch (HRW) is calling on the Ethiopian government to provide justice and compensation for victims of last October's inter-ethnic valence in Oromia region that left over 86 people dead.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Barefoot Doctors and Pandemics: Ethiopia's Experience and COVID-19 in Africa - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[African Arguments] Debating Ideas Is a New Section Run Separately From the Main African Arguments Site. It Aims to Reflect the Values and Editorial Ethos of the African Arguments Book Series, Publishing Engaged, Often Radical, Scholarship, Original and Activist Writing From Within the African Continent and Beyond.