COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 105,350,020 (2017)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Diasporas to the Rescue for Investment? - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[The Conversation Africa] In times of conflict, many economies flounder. Investors and the private sector tend to be averse to risk, and will avoid putting money into countries where peace and security are not guaranteed.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: History of 10,000m - Featuring Tergat, Gebrselassie and Cheruiyot - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Nation] Perhaps the most memorable race in 10,000m on track was the battle between two legendary athletes, Kenya's Paul Tergat and Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia, during the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games in Australia.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Ethiopia, Kenya to Establish Peace Committee to Address Security Issues in Border Areas - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[ENA] Addis Ababa -Ethiopia and Kenya through their joint Border Commission agreed to establish a peace committee to resolve issues that could disturb peace and security of residents in boarder areas, according the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: One More Question, Dr. Abiy - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Standard] One of the unanswered questions in the current euphoric discourse about Ethiopia's democratic transformation is who gave PM Abiy (as this is becoming a Meles-like one-man-show) the mandate to put Ethiopia on a path to free-market capitalism
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Court Okays Prosecutors' Request for Witness Protection in Ex-Somali President Case - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Standard] Judges at the federal High Court 4th Criminal Bench here in the capital have, today, accepted federal prosecutors' request to withhold list of witnesses from the defense team in high profile criminal case involving former Somali regional state president Abdi Muhamud Omer a.k.a Abdi Iley.