COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 108,113,150 (2020)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: On a Mission to Dire Dawa - Working With Cbos - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] When I used to work at a local NGO called APAP, or Action Professionals Association for the People, I used to travel to various parts of Ethiopia for various missions and purposes engaged as we were in empowering citizens in their daily lives besides their grass root organizations. I traveled usually in groups of three or four but at times there were occasions when I traveled alone, especially if the mission was one that could be covered and finished by a single individual. The organisation was engaged in
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Ethiopian New Year - the Time of Lavishness, Forgiveness, Hopefulness and Family Reunion - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Unlike most countries, Ethiopia celebrates its own New Year called Enkutatash, on September 11 based on the Julian calendar. The Ethiopian year consists 12 months 30 days, plus a 13th month called Pagumen. Pagumen could have five or six timekeeping days. Based on its calendar, Ethiopia is seven or eight years behind the western world.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: 'To Come Up With Talented Musicians, Integrated With Regular Programs Music Education Should Start From Early Stage' - Artist Dawit Yifru - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] The Ethiopian Herald has just exclusively interviewed Ethiopian Musicians Association President Dawit Yifru.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Factors That Pose Traffic Accidents, Their Remedy - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] According to studies, the drivers' behaviors and the technical status of the vehicles are the formidable factors, which cause traffic accidents. In addition, the status of the road and its disagreeableness are responsible to the apparent fatality.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Space Science Drills for Upcoming Generation - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] FARIS Technology Institute is the first space, robotics and STEM institute in Ethiopia. It launched its services with the intentional catchy-slogan of Making Ethiopia the center of technology in Africa. Taking this into consideration, the institute has provided innovational courses in the fields of robotics, programming and with the provision of STEM courses, to be available to everyone.