COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis AbabaGovernment: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 99,465,819 (2015)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Chinese FM to Visit Ethiopia, Jordan, Lebanon - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Focac] Beijing -Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will pay an official visit to Ethiopia and the African Union (AU) Headquarters in Addis Ababa, Jordan and Lebanon from June 20 to 23, Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said on Tuesday.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Unlocking Local Contractors' Potential - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Ethiopia's booming construction is propelling local contractors to climb the ladder of wealth but some complains about how certain businesses are taking shape in the sector.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Crucial Moment for the Private Sector to Kick In - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] The role of the private sector is central to sustain the ongoing rapid economic growth which has so far been driven in large part by public sector investment. In the coming years, both the government and the private sector should strive to advance the role of domestic private actors to sustain the ongoing rapid and inclusive growth.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Economic Growth Gives Rise to Aviation Industry Demand - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] The rapid economic growth attested in the country in the last decade has given rise to an indispensable demand for a booming aviation industry to keep the growth momentum, according to professionals in the aviation industry.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Ethiopia, ILO - Growing Partnership - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Ethiopia is effectively positioning itself by assuming major responsibilities in international organizations like the UNSC and WHO. And recently, the country has been elected as a regular member of the executive body of the International Labour Organization (ILO) for the period 2017- 2020.