COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis AbabaGovernment: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 99,465,819 (2015)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Ethiopia to Open First Embassy in Rwanda - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Rwanda Govt] Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn who is on a three-day state visit to Rwanda will open his country's first embassy in Rwanda.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Army Using Excessive Force Against Somali Civilians - Report - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[VOA] Kenya and Ethiopia have used excessive force against Somali civilians amid efforts to halt cross-border attacks by al-Shabab, according to an internal report by aid agencies working in Somalia.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Africa's Natural Resources Fuel Industrialization - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] After the end of the Civil War until the beginning of the first World War in 1914, the United States of America changed from a mostly agricultural nation to an industrial hub. The US got completely industrialized, even farming itself became an industry.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: The Dynamics of Ethiopia's Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Ethiopian Herald] Ethiopia's foreign relations with countries near and afar, and the country's foreign policy and diplomacy can best be characterized as a process of change and continuity in which various determinants are involved. The country's foreign policy and diplomacy has passed through three stages of foreign policy dimensions each characterized by different policy determinants and objectives.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Ethiopian First Lady Tips Women to Lead Family and Communities - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[New Times] Ethiopia's First Lady Romane Tesfaye has encouraged women to be at the heart of their families' well-being by championing peace and reconciliation.