COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 5,869,869 (2016)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Eritrean Delegation Winds Visit to Egypt - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -Eritrea's high-level delegation concluded a four-day working visit to Egypt yesterday with a wrap up session between the two sides.
- Thu - Mar 23, 2017: Popular Road Renovation Campaign - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -The residents of the sub-zones of Hamelmalo, Filfle and Habero, are renovating through popular campaign 8 km long road linking Hamelmalo and Habero sub-zones that was damaged due to flooding.
- Thu - Mar 23, 2017: 4th Congress of Youth Workers - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Keren -The 4th congress of youth workers in Keren sub-zone was conducted from 16 to 18 March.
- Thu - Mar 23, 2017: Bee Farmers Cooperative Established - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Mendefera -Bee farmers cooperative has been established in Mai-Ayni sub-zone.
- Wed - Mar 22, 2017: The Plight of Eritrea - Why Eritreans Opt for Risky Exodus to Ethiopia - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Ethiopian Herald] Ethiopia is the largest refugee hosting country in Africa. Close to a million refugees are housed in the country so far. The largest number of refugee is from South Sudan, Somalia and Eritrea, which totals more than 800,000 as of 2016. The rest are from Yemen, Sudan, Djibouti, Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, Congo etc.