COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 5,869,869 (2016)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Sep 22, 2017: Eritrean National Abroad Hold Diplomatic Activities - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -Eritrean nationals residing in Canada and Jeddah conducted seminars with a view to strengthen organizational capacity and contribution in the national development endeavors.
- Fri - Sep 22, 2017: Monetary Support to Families of the Martyrs - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Keren - -Around 4.7 million Nakfa was disbursed to families of martyrs in Asmat sub-zone, according to a report from the office of the Ministry of Labor and Human Welfare branch in the sub zone.
- Fri - Sep 22, 2017: NAEWDV - Seminar On Strengthening Organizational Capacity - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -The National Association of Eritrean War Disabled Veterans (NAEWDV), conducted a meeting on 19 September here in the capital aimed at strengthening organizational capacity.
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Khartoum Deports Another 36 Eritrean Migrants - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Radio Dabanga] Kassala -On Sunday, the authorities in Sudan's Kassala state deported 36 Eritreans who were convicted of illegal entry into Sudan, to their country of origin after spending two months in prison.
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Effort to Eradicate Harmful Practices - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Assab -Strong effort is being exerted in the Southern Red Sea region to eradicate harmful practices that are negatively affecting the overall health of women.