COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 5,970,646 (2018)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: How the Sudan Crisis Is Playing Out in Africa and the Middle East - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[East African] The Sudan crisis could become a major contagion in the region's security and trade and also escalate the divisions in the Gulf Peninsula manifested in the current war in Yemen.
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: A Ban On Child Labor in Africa Is Not Enough - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Deutsche Welle] Many children in Africa have to work as domestic helps, on plantations or in prostitution to survive. They are robbed of their childhood and guaranteed a life in poverty if they are kept out of school.
- Thu - Jun 13, 2019: Eritrean in Angola Celebrate Independence Day Anniversary - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -Eritrean nationals residing in Luanda and its environs, Angola, have enthusiastically celebrated the 28th Independence Day anniversary under the theme "Resilience for Higher Progress".
- Thu - Jun 13, 2019: Workshop On Role of Youth to Peace and Security - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -A workshop on East African Consultation on the roles and contribution of youth to peace and security in Africa was conducted on 10 and 11 June at the Asmara Palace Hotel here in the capital. The workshop was attended by youth from 15 East African countries.
- Wed - Jun 12, 2019: Letter to 41st Session of the UN Human Rights Council On Eritrea - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[HRW] To Permanent Representatives of Member and Observer States of the United Nations Human Rights Council