COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 6,081,196 (2020)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Nov 25, 2020: The Child in an Adult - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] International Children's Day was commemorated Friday, November 20, for the 25th time in Eritrea under the theme "Proper Treatment of Children: The Cornerstone of a Prosperous Nation." It is a day the world renews its commitment to the wellbeing and security of children.
- Wed - Nov 25, 2020: Let's At Least Laugh Today - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Recently, a friend and I went to visit a woman, who recently returned to Asmara from a visit abroad. She was my children's teacher and knew my family well. I didn't know her family as much as she knew mine. Therefore, the day my friend and I visited her I was a complete stranger to her old mother. Unlike me, my friend was a frequent visitor and well-known by the family in question.
- Wed - Nov 25, 2020: Continued Education and Skills Development - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Late last week, 55 Eritrean civil servants and internal auditors completed an 11-day workshop which broadly focused on internal auditing skills. The workshop, held in Asmara and featuring males and females from all regions of the country, was co-organized by the Eritrean Center for Organizational Excellence and the Office of the Auditor-General. The workshop's programs and courses were developed, directed, and delivered by a number of high-level professionals and experts possessing considerable local and i
- Wed - Nov 25, 2020: Statement By Mr. Osman Saleh Minister of Foreign Affairs At the 24th ICSOE Meeting - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
- Tue - Nov 24, 2020: Announcement From the Ministry of Health - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Seven patients have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in tests carried out today at Quarantine Centers in Gibdo (3), Southern Red Sea Region; and, Asmara (4), Central Region respectively.