COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 5,869,869 (2016)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Statement by Minister of Foreign Affairs at the Commemoration of Rwandan Genocide - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Statement Delivered by H.E Minister Osman Saleh Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Eritrea during the 24th Commemoration of Rwandan Genocide against Tutsi in 1994
- Thu - Apr 19, 2018: Initiative a Recipe in Normalizing Ethio-Eritrea Relations - Scholars - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Ethiopian Herald] With the hope of normalizing the hostile situation between Ethiopia and Eritrea, citizens of the two neighboring countries have recently initiated a new movement under the name 'Peace Song for Ethio-Eritrea Initiative'. As the movement adopted a new bottom up approach to the deal with the issue, scholars believe that it would bring about tangible result.
- Thu - Apr 19, 2018: Human Rights Abuses of Eritreans, At Home and Abroad - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[HRW] Co-Chairman Hultgren and members of the Commission, thank you for the invitation to testify today.
- Thu - Apr 19, 2018: Meeting On Implementation of Development Programs - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Massawa -The residents of Dahlak sub-zone conducted meeting focusing on the implementation of the charted out development drives.
- Thu - Apr 19, 2018: Effort to Strengthen Organizational Capacity of Women - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Keren -The National Union of Eritrean Women branch in the Anseba region is exerting effort on raising the awareness of women and strengthening organizational capacity as well as promoting their economic status, the head of the branch Ms. Amna Hassen indicated.