COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 5,970,646 (2018)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Sassa Changes Payout Days After Lockdown Pay Crush - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[News24Wire] Due to long queues during the lockdown, the SA Social Security Agency's (Sassa) grant payout days will be changed to protect the elderly.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Ban on Flights Extended - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] It is to be recalled that all passenger flights to and from the country were banned for two weeks.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: More Contribution to Fight Corona Virus Pandemic - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -Contribution by Eritrean nationals residing inside the country and abroad, individuals, communities, national associations and other organizations continues.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Announcement From the Ministry of Health - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Two male patients, aged 30 and 62 respectively, were diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in tests carried out for 20 quarantined individuals yesterday and today.
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: More Contribution in Support to Contain Spread of COVID-19 - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -Nationals inside the country and abroad have contributed over 1.2 million Nakfa and 171 thousand Riyals to bolster the Eritrean Government's measure to contain the spread of COVID-19.