COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 5,869,869 (2016)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Jan 19, 2018: Adi Quala Subzone - Activity Assessment Meeting - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Mendefera -In an annual activity assessment meeting the Adi Quala sub zone conducted recently, it was assessed that the residents have made praiseworthy contribution in the water and soil conservation and road renovation popular campaigns as well as in supporting the families of martyrs.
- Fri - Jan 19, 2018: Ministry of Health Graduates 15 Staff Members in Masters Degree - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -A total of 15 staff members of the Ministry of Health that have been pursuing distance education from the University of Dundee were graduated on 17 January in Masters Degree in the fields of Advanced Practice in Nursing and Global Health and Wellbeing.
- Thu - Jan 18, 2018: The Netherlands Expels Eritrea's Top Diplomat - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Deutsche Welle] In a bold move, the Netherlands have declared Eritrea's charge d'affaires "persona non grata." Eritrea has been enforcing a tax on expatriates amounting to 2 percent of their earnings, according to Dutch officials.
- Wed - Jan 17, 2018: Sudan Deploys Troops to Eritrea Border Amid Tension With Egypt - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[East African] Sudan has deployed more forces on its border with Eritrea amid rising tension in the Red Sea region.
- Mon - Jan 15, 2018: Nuew Central Region - Activity Assessment Meeting - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -In annual assessment meeting the National Union of the Eritrean Women branch in the Central region conductedon on 11 January, it was stated that in 2017 successful effort has been conducted in organizing women civil servants.