COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 5,918,919 (2017)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: A Speech Tailored to the Size of Horn - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Ethiopian Herald] Last Monday's afternoon was so unique and yet historic for most Ethiopians, both home and abroad. But it may not put anyone on a hasty generalization if he/she concludes as the Day has also brought to light new generation of pan-African statesman in an Ethiopian soil, notable as the embalm of PanAfricanism.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: AUC Hails Ethio - Eritrea Positive Stride - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Ethiopian Herald] ADDIS ABABA- The Chairperson of the African Union Commission Moussa Faki Mahamat, on Wednesday, welcomed the recent positive developments in the relations between Eritrea and Ethiopia.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Statement of the African National Congress On Eritrea-Ethiopia Implementing the 2000 Algiers Border Agreement - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[ANC] The ANC notes this morning's speech by H.E. Eritrean Comrade President Isaias Afwerki on Eritrea's Martyrs Day, as well as the Executive Committee decision of the Ethiopian governing-party's EPRDF to
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Nationals in Diaspora Commemorate Martyrs Day - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -Eritrean nationals residing in the US, Canada, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Italy and Austria commemorated Martyrs Day, June 20, with patriotic zeal.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Activities By Eritrean Nationals in Diaspora - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -Eritrean nationals in the US, Zambia, Italy and UK conducted various activities featuring the attachment they have with the homeland.