COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 5,918,919 (2017)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: Eritrean President Set to Arrive in Mogadishu Under Tight Security - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabelle] Eritrean president, Isaias Afwerki will be arriving in Mogadishu today barely two months after a delegation from his country visited Somalia to deepen the bilateral relations of the two countries.
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: President of Somalia Meets President Isaias Afwerki - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Addis Standard] Addis Abeba -Eritrea's president Isaias Afwerki has met President of the Republic of Somalia this morning in Mogadishu "as part and parcel of Tripartite summit" according to information from Eritrea's Information Minister Yemane G. Meskel .
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: National Conference On Community Led Total Sanitation Concludes - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara -The two day national conference on community led total sanitations that was conducted at Asmara Palace Hotel concluded adopting directives.
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: Isias Afwerki Arrives in Mogadishu - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Dalsan Radio] Eritrean President Isias Afwerki lands at the Aden Abdulle Int Airport Mogadishu ahead of bilateral talks with his host President Farmaajo.His visit comes in the wake of an impeachment motion that accused Farmaajo of making "secret agreements" with the Red Sea country & Ethiopia in the Tripartite meeting seeking regional cooperation.
- Wed - Dec 12, 2018: Asmera - the Addis Abeba That Never Was, for the Better - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Addis Fortune] Asmera and Addis Abeba are two cities with similar beginnings and influences in city planning and architecture. But while Asmera has preserved its architectural heritage, Addis Abeba opted for concrete skyscrapers at the expense of aesthetics, writes Ambessaw Assegued (firstname.lastname@example.org).