COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Population: 1,222,442 (2015)
Land Size: 28,051 sq km (10,830 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Equatorial Guinea's Obiang Tells Museveni to be Careful With Oil - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[Monitor] Kampala -Uganda is looking to tap into Equatorial Guinea's experience of oil production, in order to build its own capacity before oil production starts.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Equatorial Guinea's Nguema Blames Africa's Woes On Disunity, Hails Gaddafi - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[Monitor] Entebbe -The Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, said on Wednesday night that the African continent has potential to transform from its current state of hopelessness into a modernized part of the world but disunity among the 55 states was among the key problems limiting its progress.
- Wed - Apr 19, 2017: Burundi Militia Waging Campaign of Terror - UN - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[VOA] The U.N. high commissioner for human rights says he is alarmed by a growing, widespread campaign of terror in Burundi being waged by government-backed militia against opponents of President Pierre Nkurunziza's party.
- Fri - Apr 7, 2017: Obiang Visits Assembly, Opposition Boycotts - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[AIM] Maputo -Mozambican opposition parties on Thursday boycotted the President of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Obiang, when he visited the country's parliament, the Assembly of the Republic.
- Thu - Apr 6, 2017: Cooperation Agreements Signed With Equatorial Guinea - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[AIM] Maputo -Mozambique and Equatorial Guinea have agreed to cooperate in various economic areas, particularly in hydrocarbons.