COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Population: 1,222,442 (2015)
Land Size: 28,051 sq km (10,830 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - Sep 11, 2017: Equatorial Guinea Vice President's Cape Town Assets Auctioned - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[News24Wire] Assets in the upmarket Cape Town suburb of Bishopscourt, belonging to the vice president of Equatorial Guinea - who is the centre of a court case in Paris for allegedly embezzling and splurging public funds - are to be auctioned off.
- Fri - Sep 8, 2017: Rwanda Faces Equatorial Guinea in Group C Opener - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[New Times] The 24th edition of the FIBA Africa Basketball Championships (Afrobasket) for Men gets underway today and will run through September 16 in Senegal and Tunisia.
- Mon - Aug 28, 2017: Equatorial Guinea Gives President Museveni Highest Honour - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[Independent (Kampala)] Malabo, Equatorial Guinea -The people of Equatorial Guinea have presented the highest honour of their country, the Great Collar of Independence Award, to Uganda President Yoweri Museveni who is on a 4-day state visit to the Central African nation at the invitation of his host President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo.
- Thu - Aug 24, 2017: Ghana Will Strengthen Ties With Equatorial Guinea - Prez Akufo-Addo - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[Ghanaian Chronicle] President Akufo-Addo says his 3-day visit to Equatorial Guinea is to strengthen the bilateral ties that exist between the two countries, as well as explore areas of co-operation to the mutual benefit of their respective peoples.
- Tue - Aug 22, 2017: Wife Killer Denies Reacting for Small Food - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[New Dawn] A 35 - year - old man accused of killing his wife Dorris Nyamah Nyei for serving him small quantity of meat in his food, Mr. Moses Kporkpah says he unintentionally shot the victim when he left his gun on "advance" [or unlocked] while returning from hunting in the Cow Field Community of Gbarnga, Bong County.