COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Population: 1,222,442 (2015)
Land Size: 28,051 sq km (10,830 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - May 9, 2017: Judge Gbeisay Hits Back At Prosecution in Sable Mining Bribery Trial - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[FrontPageAfrica] Kakata -In what appears to be rare move in the Judiciary, Judge Yarmie Gbeisay, now presiding over the 13th Judicial Circuit Court in Kakata, Margibi County has hit back at critics of his recent ruling in the Sable Mining bribery case, saying those who come to equity must do so with clean hands.
- Thu - May 4, 2017: President Appoints Ambassadors to Angola, Equatorial Guinea - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[ANGOP] São Tomé -The president of São Tome and Principe, Evaristo Carvalho, has appointed ambassadors to Angola and Equatorial Guinea, following a proposal from prime minister Patrice Trovoada.
- Wed - May 3, 2017: Did Museveni Get Useful Advice On Oil From 'Deal Maker' Obiang? - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[Observer] What expert advice could Uganda possibly get from Equatorial Guinea, a small oil-rich West African nation with a dodgy leadership record, on how to manage our oil resource well?
- Wed - May 3, 2017: 'Dealmaker' Equatorial Guinea's Nguema Reaches Out to Museveni, Signs Oil and Gas Deals - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[East African] Just weeks after linking an oil exploration company to South Sudan and signing an oil information sharing agreement with the government in Juba, Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo flew to Kampala to sign a memorandum of understanding with Uganda on oil and gas.
- Mon - May 1, 2017: Ugandan Army in Equatorial Guinea to Build Capacity - Museveni - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[Monitor] Entebbe -President Museveni on Wednesday restated that the UPDF is in oil-rich central Africa nation of Equatorial Guinea on a capacity building mission, but not to involve in any war.