COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Population: 1,222,442 (2015)
Land Size: 28,051 sq km (10,830 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: CHAN 2018 - Five Things Super Eagles Can Do to Beat Equatorial Guinea - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[Premium Times] Sunday Faleye's 79th-minute goal against Libya ensured Nigerians did not have to dust up their mathematics textbooks and start solving permutations.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: 2018 CHAN - Eagles Go for Equatorial Guinea Jugular - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[Vanguard] Nigeria will be aiming to avoid elimination from the 2018 African Nations Championship (CHAN) tournament with victory over Equatorial Guinea at the Stade Adrar in Agadir this evening.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: We Won't Respect Super Eagles, Equatorial Guinea Vows - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[Guardian] As the home-based Super Eagles face Equatorial Guinea today for Nigeria's second-ever quarter-final berth at the African Nations Championship (CHAN), former international, Yisa Sofoluwe says the players need concentration to achieve victory.
- Mon - Jan 22, 2018: CHAN 2018 - Manzi Heads Rwanda Past Equatorial Guinea - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[CAF] Midfielder Thierry Manzi's glancing header on 66 minutes was enough for Rwanda to secure victory over Equatorial Guinea in Group C in Tangiers.
- Fri - Jan 19, 2018: Opposition Rejects Equatorial Guinea President Obiang's Denial of Torture - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[RFI] A political opposition member was tortured to death in front of his party's headquarters in Malabo, the capital of Equatorial Guinea, by state security personnel, according to an opposition leader. Gabriel Nse Obiang Obono, the head of Malabo-based Citizens for Innovation (CI) party, told RFI that Santiago Ebee Ela did not fall ill and die, in a rebuttal to an exclusive interview with the country's president.