COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
Population: 92,765,000 (2016)
Land Size: 1 million sq km (386,874 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Mar 28, 2017: Charge d'Affaires Welcomes Statement of Egyptian Parliament's Arab Affairs Committee - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[SNA] Cairo -The acting Charge d'Affaires at Sudan Embassy in Cairo, Ambassador Rashad Faraj Al-Tayeb, has appreciated the statement issued Sunday by the Arab Affairs Committee of the Egyptian Parliament which has affirmed the deeply-rooted relations between Sudan and Egypt.
- Tue - Mar 28, 2017: National Unity Parties - Sudan and Egypt People Could Not Allow Undermining Their Relations - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[SNA] Khartoum -The Council of the Sudanese Unity Political parties on Monday urged concerned authorities in Egypt and Sudan to work for the return of normalcy to the relations between the two and to avoid anything that might mar the joint interests of the two peoples.
- Tue - Mar 28, 2017: IFC, AAIB Support Small Businesses and Sustainable Energy Projects in Egypt - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[PR Newswire] Cairo -IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, provides a $100 million loan to the Arab African International Bank (AAIB), to help the bank scale up its lending operations to small and medium enterprises and build its sustainable energy finance portfolio in response to increased energy bills for many companies and SMEs.
- Tue - Mar 28, 2017: Prof. Ghandour - Issue of Sudanese Miners in Egypt Discussed At Different Levels - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[SNA] Khartoum -The Foreign Minister, Prof. Ibrahim Ghandour, pointed out that the issue of Sudanese traditional miners in Egypt was discussed in a number of meetings between the two president and between the Egyptian Prime Minister and the First Vice - President and National Prime Minister, Lt. Gen. Bakri Hassan Salih, in South Africa.
- Mon - Mar 27, 2017: 'The Lion Is Back in His Den' - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[Legalbrief] Hosni Mubarak, the first leader to face trial after the Arab Spring uprisings that swept through North Africa is a free man after spending six years in detention. Legalbrief reports that the extraordinary development marks the end of a futile campaign to find him accountable for numerous human rights abuses during his term in office.