COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: CairoGovernment: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
Population: 104,124,440 (2020)
Land Size: 1 million sq km (386,874 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Egypt Reports 128 New Coronavirus Cases, 17 Deaths, 708 Recoveries - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[Egypt Online] The Health and Population Ministry said on Saturday 19/9/2020 that 128 new coronavirus cases were detected, upping the total number of confirmed cases to 101,900.
- Thu - Sep 17, 2020: Cardinal Berhaneyesus Invites Countries to Dialogue On Dam Project - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[CISA] Addis Ababa -- President of the Episcopal Conference of Ethiopia Cardinal Berhaneyesus Souraphiel has called for dialogue between Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia on the construction of Great Renaissance Dam of Ethiopia (Gerd), a massive hydroelectric dam, which is causing tensions among the countries of the Nile Basin.
- Thu - Sep 17, 2020: Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam As Seen From Human Rights Context - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[Addis Standard] It has been almost a decade since Ethiopia has launched the construction of the GERD in 2011. The project is fully funded by Ethiopians and it is considered as a flagship of transformation for the economy of the country. The dam that will change the lives of millions of Ethiopian is, however, not welcomed by the down riparian countries, namely Sudan and Egypt, the latter with stiff resistance.
- Thu - Sep 17, 2020: Forbes Ranks Salah As Highest-Paid African Footballer - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[Leadership] Forbes has ranked Liverpool star, Mohamed Salah as the only African star on its list of highest-paid footballers for the year 2020.
- Thu - Sep 17, 2020: Office Praises Media Role in GERD Negotiation, Promotion - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[Ethiopian Herald] ADDIS ABABA - The Office of National Council for the Coordination of Public Participation on the Construction of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) said Ethiopian media deserves acknowledgement for its role during the GERD negotiation and promoting public participation.