COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: CairoGovernment: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
Population: 97,041,072 (2017)
Land Size: 1 million sq km (386,874 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Civilians Hastily Executed Without Due Process Protections by Egyptian Military Courts - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[Committee for Justice] Joint Statement
- Thu - Oct 11, 2018: Egypt's First Smartphone Maker Targets Ghana, Others - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[Ghanaian Times] Egypt's first smartphone maker is looking to enter the broader African market by the end of 2018 or early 2019 as it seeks to boost exports, its sales director said.
- Thu - Oct 11, 2018: An Account of Alleged Torture in Secret Detention - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[HRW] Beirut -Egyptian authorities forcibly disappeared an Egyptian-American limousine driver, who said authorities also tortured him and held him secretly for four months, Human Rights Watch said today. The man, Khaled Hassan, 41, provided detailed allegations of torture, including two allegations of rape, to Human Rights Watch.
- Tue - Oct 9, 2018: Can Nigeria Adopt Some... Egypt Plants 2m New Varieties of Date Palm Trees - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[Daily Trust] An Egyptian Daily News reported that the country has started planting 2m palm trees of new varieties to meet international demands, as part of the country's strategic step to develop the date industry.
- Tue - Oct 9, 2018: Transgender Women Should Have Same Rights As Other Women - Poll - AllAfrica News: Egypt
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -Transgender women should have the same rights as other women, according to a global poll of women across five continents published on Friday amid a growing - and sometimes divisive - debate over trans rights.