COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Djibouti City
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ismaïl Omar Guelleh
Population: 865,267 (2017)
Land Size: 23,200 sq km (8,950 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Feb 8, 2019: Joint Port Dev't Agreement Not Moving At Desired Pace - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[ENA] Addis Ababa -the joint port development initiative proposed by Prime Minster Abiy Ahmed during his first foreign visit to Djibouti is not moving at the desired pace.
- Wed - Feb 6, 2019: What Is Female Genital Mutilation and Where Does It Happen? - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -FGM is practised in at least 30 countries, mostly in Africa but also in pockets of the Middle East and Asia
- Thu - Jan 31, 2019: FM Workneh Calls for Collective Endeavors to Consolidate Cooperation With Djibouti - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[ENA] Addis Ababa -Foreign Minister Workneh Gebeyehu has called for the need to further strengthen the all round cooperation between Ethiopia and neighboring Djibouti.
- Wed - Jan 30, 2019: Top Enlisted National Guard Leader Visits Djibouti - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Africom] CAMP LEMONNIER, Djibouti - The command sergeant major of the National Guard Bureau, U.S. Army Command Sgt. Maj. Christopher Kepner, visited Army and Air National Guardsmen working for the Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa here Jan. 15-19.
- Wed - Jan 30, 2019: Al-Shabaab Ambushed Djibouti's Military Convoy in Somalia - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Shabelle] Al-Shabaab militants ambushed Djibouti military convoy, resulting in fierce fighting, security sources said. The incident occurred on Saturday evening in an area near Buuran village which lies on the border between Middle Shabelle and Hiran regions.