COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Djibouti City
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ismaïl Omar Guelleh
Population: 921,804 (2020)
Land Size: 23,200 sq km (8,950 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jul 3, 2020: Djibouti Says Stability in Somalia Essential for Security in Horn of Africa - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Shabelle] Djibouti seeks to bring stability to neighboring Somalia as the situation of the country impacts the security of the Horn of Africa, the country's envoy to Saudi Arabia said on Wednesday.
- Fri - Jun 19, 2020: Kenya Reaches Out to Djibouti After UN Security Council Victory - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has reached out to Djibouti following Kenya's victory of the much coveted United Nations Security Council non-permanent seat after a second round of voting.
- Fri - Jun 19, 2020: Kenya, Djibouti Contest for UN Security Council Seat Enters Round Two of Voting - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Nairobi News] The contest between Kenya and Djibouti will head to the second round of voting Thursday after the first phase saw Nairobi's victory insufficient to win the UN Security Council seat.
- Fri - Jun 19, 2020: Kenya Beats Djibouti for the UN Seat - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Dalsan Radio] UN Member States chose the country in a second round of voting on Thursday in the General Assembly, with 192 ambassadors casting their ballots during pre-determined time slots, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Fri - Jun 19, 2020: Kenya, Djibouti Set for Repeat Polls for UN Security Council Seat - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Dalsan Radio] Kenya and Djibouti are sent for repeat election after they failed to garner more than 128 votes of all the 193 member states to capture the seat in the first round election which was conducted last night.