COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Djibouti City
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ismaïl Omar Guelleh
Population: 884,017 (2018)
Land Size: 23,200 sq km (8,950 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Oct 17, 2019: Djibouti's Minister of Information in Mogadishu for Official Visit - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Shabelle] Djibouti's Minister of Information, Ridwan Abdullahi Bahdoon, arrived in the Somali capital, Mogadishu, for an official visit on Wednesday.
- Fri - Oct 11, 2019: Devoid of Determination and Humbled By Football Minnows Djibouti, Gambian Players Should Give Themselves a Long Hard Look - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Foroyaa] When the arbiter meandered to the touch-line to deliver some telling off to Gambia's coach Tom Saintfiet in the closing stages of yesterday's eventual 1-1 draw, it confirmed trouble loomed, indeed on the side of the Scorpions.
- Thu - Oct 10, 2019: Warsama Hassan - the Lone Djibouti Shoeman Plotting to Undo Gambia - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Foroyaa] Djibouti is an East African nation blessed with everything except expatriate footballers.
- Thu - Oct 10, 2019: Gambia in Djibouti Test Today - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Foroyaa] Gambia today face Djibouti in an all-important two-legged tie with the first meeting in Djibouti City. The Scorpions got jettisoned off the World Cup preliminary qualifiers having endured defeat to Angola.
- Tue - Oct 8, 2019: Djibouti Forces Under Amisom Have Not Been Paid for Months - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Shabelle] Djiboutian forces serving under AMISOM deployed in Jalalqsi in the Hiiraan region have not been paid their salaries since last December last year despite the government receiving the funds from the African Union, according to Indian Ocean Newsletter.