COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Djibouti City
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ismaïl Omar Guelleh
Population: 865,267 (2017)
Land Size: 23,200 sq km (8,950 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Dec 7, 2018: Djibouti Port to Provide Services to S. Sudan, Rwanda and Burundi - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[East African] Djibouti will resume providing port services to South Sudan following the restoration of peace in the latter, official said.
- Fri - Dec 7, 2018: Ethiopia-Djibouti Railway to Start Moving Goods Early in 2019 - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[East African] The Ethiopia-Djibouti electric railway will start transporting containerised goods from next January, official said.
- Thu - Dec 6, 2018: Ethio-Djibouti Ties to Contribute to Economic Integration in Horn - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[ENA] Djibouti -The bilateral relations between Ethiopia and Djibouti that the two countries have been enjoying for more than two decades would contribute to attempts towards economic integration in the Horn of Africa, officials of the two countries said.
- Tue - Nov 27, 2018: Now the Onus Is On Eritrea to Reform - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[allAfrica] This month's United Nations Security Council decision to lift sanctions on Eritrea is the clearest signal yet of the international community's confidence in regional peacemaking efforts in the conflict-prone Horn of Africa.
- Thu - Nov 22, 2018: U.S. Assistant Secretary to Visit Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea, Kenya - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[ENA] Addis Ababa -U.S.Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of African Affairs Tibor P. Nagy will travel to Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea, Kenya, and Germany from November 27 to December 8, 2018, according to a press release from U.S. Department of State.