COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Djibouti City
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ismaïl Omar Guelleh
Population: 846,687 (2016)
Land Size: 23,200 sq km (8,950 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - Jan 15, 2018: Ethiopia Boosting Economic Relations With Neighbors - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Ethiopian Herald] ADDIS ABABA -The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that the practice of Ethiopia's economic diplomacy focuses on neighboring countries that have significant contributions and return to ensure sustainable and fast economic growth. Apart from the nearby economic relations, many Asian and some European countries are targets to promote cross-border trade relations.
- Tue - Jan 2, 2018: Chinese-Built Modern Ethio-Djibouti Railway Begins Commercial Operations - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Focac] Addis Ababa -The Chinese-built 756 km electrified rail project connecting landlocked Ethiopia to Djibouti officially started commercial operations on Monday with a ceremony held in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa.
- Tue - Jan 2, 2018: Maiden Rail Services to Djibouti Set to Begin - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Addis Fortune] The newly Chinese-built electric rail line between Addis Abeba and Djibouti City is to start operations on Wednesday, January 3, 2018, carrying both commuters and cargo, the Ethiopia Railway Corporation (ERC) announced today.
- Thu - Dec 28, 2017: Sudan and Djibouti Air Flights Discussed - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[SNA] Khartoum, Dec., 27 (Saba) - First Assistant of the President of the Republic, Mohammed Al-Hassan Al-Mirghani met, Wednesday, at the presidential palace, President of Djibouti Airlines ,
- Fri - Dec 22, 2017: EU Navfor Operation Commander Meets With Djiboutian Authorities - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[EU Navfor] Major General Charlie Stickland, EU NAVFOR Operation Commander recently visited His Excellency (H.E) Adam Kulach, Head of the EU Delegation to the Republic of Djibouti and H.E Mahmoud Ali Youssuf, Djiboutian Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in Djibouti.