COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Djibouti City
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ismaïl Omar Guelleh
Population: 846,687 (2016)
Land Size: 23,200 sq km (8,950 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Mar 23, 2017: Djibouti and Ethiopia Sign Extradition Agreement - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Addis Fortune] Ismael Omar Guelleh, President of the Republic of Djibouti, and Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn signed agreements on extradition, and mutual legal assistance on criminal matters, as well as a memorandum of understanding on cooperation in the field of justice and legal training. The agreements were signed during the president's official visit to Ethiopia from March 16 to March 18.
- Mon - Mar 20, 2017: Ethio-Djibouti Focuses Cooperation Package Implementation - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Ethiopian Herald] The two sides witnessed the signing of various cooperation agreements.
- Sun - Mar 19, 2017: Djiboutian President Visits Ethiopian, Industrial Park - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Ethiopian Herald] President, Ismail Omar Guelleh visited Ethiopian Airlines as well as Bole Lemi Industrial Park located at the outskirts of the capital and exports leather products.
- Wed - Mar 15, 2017: Ethiopia Is Djibouti's Number One Partner - Ambassador Mohamed Idriss Farah - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Ethiopian Herald] Djibouti's President Ismail Omar Guelleh will pay a three-day state visit to Ethiopia starting from today. In connection with this, The Ethiopian Herald has held an exclusive interview with Mohamed Idriss Farah, Djiboutian Ambassador to Ethiopia concerning the possible outcomes of the president's visit and the two countries' multifaceted relations. Excerpts:
- Wed - Mar 15, 2017: The IPU Pledges Stronger Collaboration With the Parliament of Djibouti - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[PR Newswire] Brussels -IPU Secretary General Martin Chungong visited Djibouti recently to discuss the collaboration between the IPU and the National Assembly to develop the capacities of the country's Parliament. Earlier this year, the IPU had undertaken a mission to Djibouti to assess the Parliament's needs. During his meetings with the authorities--including Speaker of Parliament Mohamed Ali Houmed and Prime Minister Abdoulkader Kamil Mohamed--Mr. Chungong discussed the recommendations of the mission and stressed the IPU's rea