COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Djibouti City
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ismaïl Omar Guelleh
Population: 846,687 (2016)
Land Size: 23,200 sq km (8,950 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Djibouti National Assembly Speaker Arrives in Mogadishu - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Dalsan Radio] Speaker of the National Assembly of Djibouti, Hon. Mohamed Ali Houmed on Thursday arrived in Mogadishu where he was warmly welcomed by Somali government officials. Lower House Speaker Mohamed Osman Jawari accompanied by members of the two houses and other government officials received Houmed at Mogadishu's Aden Adde Airport. The Djiboutian delegation was then taken to Villa Hargeisa, home of the House of the People Leadership.
- Tue - Nov 21, 2017: Djibouti President to Visit China Next Week - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Focac] Beijing -Djibouti President Ismail Omar Guelleh will make a state visit to China next week, a Chinese spokesman announced Friday.
- Mon - Nov 20, 2017: Regional Standby Force Begins Training in Sudan - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[East African] The Eastern Africa Standby Force (EASF) will Monday begin wide-ranging military exercises in Sudan, official said.
- Mon - Nov 13, 2017: Djibouti Plans to Deploy Additional Troops in Somalia - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Shabelle] Djibouti is planning to send troops to Somalia following federal government's plea for support to fight against Alshabaab.
- Tue - Oct 31, 2017: Chief Justice Meets Djibouti Federal Minister - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[SNA] Khartoum -The Chief Justice, Prof. Hayider Ahmed Dafulla, met Monday, at his office, with Hamdou Mohamed Aramees, the Federal Minister of the Republic of Djibouti, in the presence of the State Minister of the Federal Governance, Abu al-Gassim Imam.