COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Djibouti City
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ismaïl Omar Guelleh
Population: 921,804 (2020)
Land Size: 23,200 sq km (8,950 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Ethio-Djibouti Railway Is the Road to Prosperity - Outgoing Ambassador - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[ENA] Addis Ababa -- The Ethio-Djibouti Railway (EDR) is the road to prosperity as it hugely helps landlocked Ethiopia turn to land-linked to Djibouti where 95 percent of its trade goes through, outgoing Chinese Ambassador to Ethiopia said.
- Thu - Sep 17, 2020: U.S. Relations With Djibouti - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[State Department] More information about Djibouti is available on the Djibouti Page and from other Department of State publications and other sources listed at the end of this fact sheet.
- Mon - Sep 7, 2020: U.S., Djiboutian Veterinarians Partner to Treat Local Livestock - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Horn of Africa Joint Task Force] Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti -- Service members from the 443rd Civil Affairs Battalion (CA BN), in support of Combined Joint Task Force - Horn of Africa (CJTF-HOA), participated in a veterinary exchange in the rural village of Ali Oune, Djibouti, August 30, 2020.
- Wed - Sep 2, 2020: U.S., Djiboutian Veterinarians Partner to Treat Local Livestock - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Africom] Staff Sgt. Dana Cable Djibouti -- Veterinary care and welfare for animals is essential throughout rural villages of Djibouti, where animals are interconnected with residents' livelihoods.
- Thu - Aug 27, 2020: Djibouti Journalist Charmarke Saïd Darar Held for Weeks, 2 Other Journalists in Hiding - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[CPJ] New York, August 26, 2020 -- Authorities in Djibouti should cease intimidating and arresting journalists working with the La Voix de Djibouti broadcaster, and let them report freely, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today.