COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Djibouti City
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ismaïl Omar Guelleh
Population: 846,687 (2016)
Land Size: 23,200 sq km (8,950 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Apr 25, 2017: U.S. Defense Secretary Visits Strategic Base in Djibouti - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Deutsche Welle] Jim Mattis has arrived in Djibouti to visit Washington's strategic base in the Horn of Africa country. Mattis' trip to the Middle East and Africa comes as the US ups pressure on militant groups including al-Shabab.
- Tue - Apr 25, 2017: Delegation of Djiboutian Experts Visits Number of Higher Education Institutions - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[SNA] Khartoum -A delegation of Djiboutian experts, which is currently visiting the country, got acquainted with the pioneering experiments of institutions of higher education in Sudan.
- Mon - Apr 24, 2017: Pentagon Chief Visits Djibouti, Sole US Base in Africa - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[VOA] Djibouti -U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has visited Djibouti, the tiny east African nation that is home to the United States' only military base on the continent, in his sweeping tour of the Middle East and Horn of Africa.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Hirshabelle President Osoble in Bulo Burde After Djibouti AU Soldier Killed in Fighting Over Khat . - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Dalsan Radio] Hirshabelle Presiden Ali Abdullahi Osoble on Thursday landed in Bulo Burde to defuse tension that led to the killing of a Djiboutian soldier.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: SNA Soldier Flees to Alshabaab After Killing Djibouti Troop Over Khat - AllAfrica News: Djibouti
[Dalsan Radio] SNA Soldier Flees To Alshabaab After Killing Djibouti Troop Over Khat As Hirshabelle's Osoble Arbitrates To Defuse Tension ,Radio Dalsan reporters Hirshabelle Presiden Ali Abdullahi Osoble on Thursday landed in Bulo Burde to defuse tension that led to the killing of a Djiboutien soldier.