COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Joseph Kabila
Population: 81,680,000 (2015)
Land Size: 2.34 million sq km (905,354 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - Jan 22, 2018: Youth Think Tank for Great Lakes - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Iwacu] Those young people are from Burundi, DRC and Rwanda. They network for the development of the Great Lakes region by promoting entrepreneurial initiatives of young people.
- Sun - Jan 21, 2018: Anti-Kabila Protests Turn Deadly - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Deutsche Welle] Protesters have taken to the streets of Kinshasa demanding that President Joseph Kabila step down. Police fired live ammunition and tear gas at demonstrators who marched after church services.
- Sun - Jan 21, 2018: Congo Confirm Last Eight Spot - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[CAF] Second half goals from defender Carof Bakoua and substitute Kader Bidimbou inspired Congo to a 2-0 win over Burkina Faso on Saturday in Agadir and confirm their place at the knockout stage.
- Sat - Jan 20, 2018: Congolese Refugees Refuse to Return Home - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[East African] Congolese refugees in Angola have said they will not return home despite an agreement between the two governments' officials to repatriate them.
- Fri - Jan 19, 2018: Amid 'Dramatic Deterioration' in DR Congo, UN and Partners Launch $1.68 Billion Aid Appeal - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[UN News] Warning of a "dramatic deterioration" in the humanitarian crisis in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) over the last 12 months, United Nations agencies and relief partners on Thursday launched the largest-ever funding appeal for the vast central African country.