COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Felix Tshisekedi
Population: 85,281,024 (2018)
Land Size: 2.34 million sq km (905,354 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: UN Mission to Downsize - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[RFI] MONUSCO, the United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo, is in the process of downsizing its peacekeeping forces in the country. 764 posts will be cut and eight offices closed down.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Internet Falls in Love With Selfie of Gorillas Posing With Virunga Rangers - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[This is Africa] A heart-warming picture of two gorillas Ndakazi and Ndeze posing with game rangers in the Democratic Republic of Congo has been dubbed the selfie of the year, and few can disagree with that unofficial title.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Musician Simaro to Be Buried in Kinshasa On May 5 - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Nation] Legendary Congolese musician Lutumba Ndomanueno Simaro will be buried in Kinshasa on May 5, with a befitting State send-off planned.
- Tue - Apr 23, 2019: Gorillas Posed for Selfies and Excited the World - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Nairobi News] A Congolese park ranger has gone viral on social media after he posting photos of two gorillas who posed for selfies with him.
- Tue - Apr 23, 2019: Why Responsible Sourcing of Minerals Has Major Weak Spots - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[The Conversation Africa] The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is rich in minerals such as coltan, tantalum, tin and gold. All are coveted for their widespread use in modern technologies, like semiconductors for cars and mobile phones.