COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Felix Tshisekedi
Population: 85,281,024 (2018)
Land Size: 2.34 million sq km (905,354 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: Four Conflict Countries 'Particularly Vulnerable' to COVID-19 - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[allAfrica] Cape Town -South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria and Sudan are particularly vulnerable to the spread of COVID-19, says a new survey of factors contributing to the risks which the pandemic poses to African nations.
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: COVID-19 - Police Arrest 36 Citizens At Angola/DRC Border - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[ANGOP] Dundo -Thirty-six citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), who were seeking to enter Angola, were frustrated on Monday, by the Border Control Police, in the north-eastern Lunda Norte Province, as a measure to prevent community circulation of Covid-19.
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: Coronavirus Concerns and Relapse Risks As Ebola Epidemic Draws to a Close - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[The New Humanitarian] Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo -'The Ebola epidemic is ending...but systems we have established allow us to address coronavirus.'
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: Delivery in an Ebola Treatment Centre - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[WHO] Beni -In Beni General Hospital in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the neonatal ward is full beyond capacity. A row of young women sits on benches outside, proudly holding their newborns. For nurse Espérance Kavira Kavota, this is a welcome return to normal.
- Tue - Apr 7, 2020: Convicted Warlord Escapes - Again - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[HRW] A week ago, President Felix Tshisekedi of the Democratic Republic of Congo gave the order to arrest a notorious warlord responsible for atrocities in the southern region of Katanga. Two days earlier, Gédéon Kyungu had escaped from house arrest in Lubumbashi after dozens of his militiamen entered the city and other towns in the region.