COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Joseph Kabila
Population: 81,680,000 (2015)
Land Size: 2.34 million sq km (905,354 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - Jul 26, 2017: Peace Is the 'Bedrock' for Women's Development and Human Rights UN Deputy Chief Says in DR Congo - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[UN News] The importance of reversing the tragedies of violence, particularly against women and children, and ensuring that women's and girl's voices are heard in all aspects of society are at the core of the second leg of a high-level United Nations-African Union (AU) mission to Africa, which today visited the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Tue - Jul 25, 2017: Authorities Frustrate Illegal Entrances At Boarder - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[ANGOP] Mbanza Congo -At least 45 violations of the Angola/DRC border, in the section that covers respectively Zaire Province and Congo Central, were recorded in the last seven days by the Angolan Border Police, a figure that represents eight cases less in comparison to the previous week.
- Tue - Jul 25, 2017: Congo's Next Big Crisis - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] The Democratic Republic of the Congo must brace itself for a catastrophe brimming just below the surface
- Tue - Jul 25, 2017: Provincial Administration Expels 57 Congolese in Transit From Rumonge to Tanzania - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Iwacu] "They came in groups. 39 Congolese arrived in Rumonge on 20 July while 18 others arrived on 21 of the same month", says Juvénal Bigirimana, Rumonge province Governor. The majority of them were women and children. They entered Burundi through Rumonge port. They said they had fled confrontations between Mai-Mai rebel group and the Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of Congo (FARDC) in the localities of Fizi and Missi in South Kivu. They said they passed through Rumonge southern province seeking t
- Mon - Jul 24, 2017: Natural Resources Still Awash With Blood - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[ISS] In the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), mining communities mostly depend on their ability to sell what they mine to make a living. So they explore all options to reach markets - and in this game, the price dictates the source.