COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Felix Tshisekedi
Population: 85,281,024 (2018)
Land Size: 2.34 million sq km (905,354 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: DR Congo Entry Into EAC Will Be a Game Changer - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[East African] The Democratic Republic of Congo has applied to join the East African Community in a move that could potentially expand the boundaries of the trading bloc to the Atlantic coast of Africa.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Why Harambee Stars Played in 'Unfamiliar' White Kit Against DR Congo - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Nairobi News] Football Kenya Federation (FKF) has blamed a European-based airline after the national football team donned an unfamiliar all-white gear during a high profile friendly against the Democratic Republic of Congo in Madrid on Saturday evening.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Colleagues Sing Mose Fan Fan's Songs At His Burial - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Nation] Veteran Congolese guitarist and composer Mose Se Sengo Fan Fan, of the "Papa Lolo" hit song fame, posthumously played a major role in his own final send-off, with some of his former colleagues using his songs to pay tribute to him.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: How Africa's Porous Borders Make It Difficult to Contain Ebola - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[The Conversation Africa] More than 2000 cases of Ebola have been recorded in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) since last August. Now, despite authorities' efforts - such as screening millions of travellers moving between the DRC and its neighbours - the disease has spread.
- Sun - Jun 16, 2019: Public Put On Ebola Alert - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Daily News] The government has warned members of the public to be on the alert following an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and recently reported in neighbouring Uganda, stressing that it has intensified measures against the deadly viral disease.