COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: KinshasaGovernment: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Joseph Kabila
Population: 81,680,000 (2015)
Land Size: 2.34 million sq km (905,354 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - Nov 22, 2017: Mugabe, Like Mobutu and Gaddafi, Clung On Knowing He Had to Go - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Nation] There are five lessons to be gleaned from Comrade Robert Gabriel Mugabe's meltdown.
- Wed - Nov 22, 2017: Dangote Commissions U.S.$500 Million Congo Plant On Thursday - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Premium Times] Dangote Cement will on Thursday in Congo commission its 1.5 million metric tonnes per annum capacity Cement Plant valued at 500 million dollars, the company said in a statement on Monday.
- Tue - Nov 21, 2017: We Demand an End to Arbitrary Detentions of Activists Committed to Social Justice - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Daily Maverick] Congolese youth activists Jean Marie Kalonji and Sylva Mbikayi from the youth movement Quatrieme Voie/II Est Temps (The Fourth Way/ It's Time) in the Democratic Republic of Congo were arrested without reason on Saturday, 18 November by the Congolese Intelligence Agency (ANR in French). Kalonji and Mbikayi represent the silencing of credible voices in the Congo challenging the Kabila regime. By KATE JANSE VAN RENSBURG.
- Tue - Nov 21, 2017: Dangote Opens New Cement Plant in Congo Thursday - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Daily Trust] Lagos -Dangote Cement will officially open its 1.5 million metric tonnes per annum capacity cement plant in Congo on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
- Mon - Nov 20, 2017: Equity Finish Eighth in Africa After Loss to Motema - AllAfrica News: Congo-Kinshasa
[Nation] Luanda -Equity Bank lost 39-54 to DC Motema Pembe from the Democratic Republic of Congo in their seventh-eighth place play-off match of the Fiba Africa Champions Cup for women here in Angola on Sunday.