COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 24,184,810 (2017)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Aug 9, 2018: Drogba Extols Pres. Weah for Invite - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Observer] Ivorian football legend Didier Drogba has appreciated President George Weah for inviting him to Liberia during the climaxing of the country's 171st Independence Day celebration on July 26 this year.
- Wed - Aug 8, 2018: Ex-Ivory Coast First Lady Granted Amnesty - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[VOA] Former Ivory Coast first lady Simone Gbagbo is one of 800 prisoners who were granted amnesty Monday by President Alassane Ouattara for offenses related to the brief but deadly civil war in 2011.
- Wed - Aug 8, 2018: Côte d'Ivoire - No Amnesty for Serious Crimes of 2010-11 Crisis - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[HRW] There should be no amnesty for those responsible for war crimes, crimes against humanity and other serious human rights violations committed in Côte d'Ivoire's 2010-11 post-election crisis, 11 national and international human rights groups said today.
- Tue - Aug 7, 2018: Simone Gbagbo Gets Amnesty With Hundreds of Others - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[allAfrica] President Alassane Ouattara has announced the granting of amnesty to 800 prisoners, including the former first lady of Cote d'Ivoire Simone Gbagbo.
- Wed - Jul 18, 2018: Ecowas Countries to Develop Harmonized Fuel and Vehicle Emission Standards Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[UNEP] The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) held its first regional meeting towards establishing regionally harmonized fuel and vehicle emission standards. The meeting was co-organized by UN Environment and the ECOWAS Commission, and brought together representatives from 12 of the 15 ECOWAS countries. Also, in attendance were Joel Devain, the Executive Secretary of the African Refiners and Distributors Association (ARA), Jane Akumu and Angele Luh of UN Environment and Bernard Koffi of the ECOWAS