COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 26,260,582 (2018)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 19, 2019: Poorly Equipped Team Nigeria Wins 10 Gold Medals in Abidjan - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Guardian] The Nigerian contingent to the on-going African U-18 and U-20 Athletics Championships in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire, have risen above the hardship they faced en route the competition to top the medals table on day three yesterday.For three days, the athletes and officials trudged to the venue by road following the sports ministry's failure to provide the necessary funds. The team arrived Abidjan a few hours to commencement of events, with fatigue hampering their preparations for the competition.
- Thu - Apr 18, 2019: Ivanka Trump Announces U.S.$2Million for Women in Cocoa Industry - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[VOA] U.S. President Donald's Trump's daughter and senior White House adviser, Ivanka Trump, has announced a $2 million commitment to help women in Ivory Coast's cocoa industry.
- Thu - Apr 18, 2019: Ivanka Trump Carries Mission of Female Empowerment to Ivory Coast - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[VOA] U.S. President Donald Trump's daughter and White House advisor, Ivanka, is heading to the Ivory Coast to continue her four-day trip aimed at increasing economic opportunities for women in the West African region.
- Wed - Apr 17, 2019: USAID Administrator Green's and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump's Meetings in Côte d'Ivoire - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[USAID] Today, USAID Administrator Mark Green and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump met with Vice President of Côte d'Ivoire Daniel Kablan Duncan at the Presidential Palace to discuss Côte d'Ivoire's economic reform process, the White House-led Women's Global Development Initiative, and efforts to ensure women's participation in the country's growing economy.
- Wed - Apr 17, 2019: Cote d'Ivoire's Continued Struggle for Justice and Reconciliation - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[ICTJ] On January 15, 2019, victims of the 2010-2011 post-election violence in Côte d'Ivoire were shocked, yet again, to learn that the Trial Chamber I of the International Criminal Court ("ICC" or "Court") in The Hague had acquitted former President Laurent Gbagbo and the former Youth Minister Charles Blé Goudé of crimes against humanity allegedly committed during the crisis. The deadly violence resulted in the loss of over 3,000 lives and forced more than a million Ivorians to flee their hom