COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 23,740,424 (2016)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 12, 2018: Is Côte D'Ivoire Becoming a Wildlife Trafficking Hotspot? - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[ISS] Since 2016, Côte d'Ivoire has recorded at least five major wildlife-trafficking events involving seizures and arrests. The most recent was in January, when 578kg of ivory and over half a ton of pangolin scales, leopard skins and other items were seized. According to media reports, the pangolin scales were probably poached and harvested in Côte d'Ivoire, while the elephant tusks came from West, East and Central Africa.
- Wed - Apr 11, 2018: Weah Returns From State Visit to Ivory Coast, Ghana - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[New Dawn] President George Manneh Weah and his entourage have returned home after a four-day successful State visit to neighboring Ivory Coast and Ghana. Speaking to the press during his arrival at the Roberts International Airport (RIA) in Margibi County, President Weah termed the trip as "successful", saying major developmental issues were discussed.
- Wed - Apr 11, 2018: Standard Bank Confirms Expansion to Ivory Coast - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[CAJ News] Johannesburg -STANDARD Bank has opened a branch in Ivory Coast, bringing its presence in African countries to 20. The bank in the capital, Abidjan, will focus on the needs of Corporate and Investment clients.
- Tue - Apr 10, 2018: Will Ivorians Take a Stand for Syria's Victims? - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[allAfrica] A United Nations Security Council vote on Syria last month offers fresh evidence that China is using its growing influence to curtail the UN's role in protecting human rights, in this case with help from Cote d'Ivoire.
- Mon - Apr 9, 2018: President Weah Returns Home After Successful State Visit to Ivory Coast, Ghana - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Govt of Liberia] Monrovia, Liberia - President George Manneh Weah and entourage have returned home after a four-day successful State visit to Ivory Coast and Ghana.