COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 24,184,810 (2017)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Memories of Playing the Beautiful Game in Côte d'Ivoire - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[allAfrica] San Francisco -"No one polishes the dust off my heart the way he does." -- Rabih Alameddine on the great Spanish midfielder Andrés Iniesta
- Wed - Jun 20, 2018: U.S. Secretary of Commerce Ross Set for Fact-Finding Mission to Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Cote d'Ivoire - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa] U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross announced today that he will lead a delegation from the President's Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa (PAC-DBIA) on a fact-finding mission to Ghana later this month. Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade Gilbert Kaplan will head the delegation on stops in Ethiopia, Kenya and Côte D'Ivoire as well as accompany Secretary Ross in Ghana. These visits provide an opportunity for the delegation to gather insight into market opportunities and ch
- Thu - Jun 14, 2018: Govt Wants Bigger Piece of Chocolate Profits - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[VOA] For many years, Ivory Coast has been the world's largest producer of cocoa. Most of it leaves the country in bulk and ends up in Europe, where it gets turned into fine and expensive chocolate, fetching up to 50 times the price of the raw cocoa.
- Thu - Jun 7, 2018: Hair Politics - Beyond Beauty, This Ivorian Hair Artist Used Her Hair to Address #MeToo - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[This is Africa] Ivorian hair artist, Laetitia Ky has used her hair to speak out on rape, sexual assault and harassment. She shaped her hair to speak on the #MeToo movement. Her hair portrayed a man lifting the skirt of a woman. Laetitia's poignant expressions are when she uses her hair to highlight women rights issues.
- Mon - May 28, 2018: Helping to Bring Perpetrators to Justice at Home - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[allAfrica] Activists and victims of some of the worst crimes committed in West Africa sat down together in Banjul, Gambia recently to talk about how to bring to justice more people responsible for these crimes.