COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 23,740,424 (2016)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - Nov 22, 2017: The Road to Abidjan - Key Themes for AU-EU Summit - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[SAIIA] Previously called the Africa-EU Summit, the AU-EU Summit convenes in Abidjan on 28 and 29 November this year. This triennial gathering brings heads of state together to discuss pressing issues facing Africa and Europe, including youth employment, gender, migration, economic cooperation, and the Joint Africa-EU Strategy (JAES) which governs the relationship between the two institutions.
- Tue - Nov 21, 2017: Soccer Star Drogba Gets into Fashion - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Fratmat.info] After announcing his retirement for the year 2018, the Chelsea legend has unveiled his future plans.
- Mon - Nov 20, 2017: 2018 CHAN - Namibia Draws Ivory Coast, Zambia and Uganda - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[New Era] Windhoek -Namibia's Brave Warriors have been drawn against continental giants Ivory Coast, Zambia and Uganda in Group B of next year's African Nations Championship (CHAN) tournament, which is slated for Morocco.
- Mon - Nov 20, 2017: Cote d'Ivoire, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal Improve Governance - But... - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Mo Ibrahim Foundation] Dakar -The 2017 Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG), launched today by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, reveals that the continent's Overall Governance trajectory remains positive on average, but in recent years has moved at a slower pace. As many countries struggle to build on recent progress or to reverse negative trends, and as concerns emerge in some key sectors, the Foundation is calling for vigilance on the continent's future.
- Fri - Nov 17, 2017: Judicial Institute Graduates Inducted As Magistrates in Margibi County - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -Three graduates of the James A.A. Pierre Judicial Institute at the Temple of Justice have been inducted as Associate Magistrates and subsequently assigned at separate Magisterial Courts in Margibi County.