COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 23,740,424 (2016)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jul 20, 2017: Experts Finalize Draft Design, Legal Framework of Abidjan-Lagos Corridor - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Daily Observer] The Draft Institutional Design, Legal Framework as well as the Communication Strategy for the Abidjan - Lagos Corridor Management Authority (ALCoMA), have been validated in Abuja, Nigeria recently, a media dispatched from ECOWAS Communication Bureau stated.
- Thu - Jul 20, 2017: ICC Judges Ordered to Review Laurent Gbagbo's Detention - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Al Jazeera] International Criminal Court (ICC) appeals judges have ordered a review into whether Laurent Gbagbo, the former Ivory Coast president, should be released from detention while his long-running trial continues on crimes-against-humanity charges.
- Wed - Jul 19, 2017: Ivorian Leader Admitted Into Knighthood of the Pioneer - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[LINA] President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has admitted President Alassane Dramani Ouattara into the Most Venerable Order of the Knighthood of the Pioneer of the Republic of Liberia with the rank of Knight of Grand Cordon.
- Wed - Jul 19, 2017: ICC Judges to Decide Whether to Release Laurent Gbagbo - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Al Jazeera] War crimes judges will rule whether former Ivorian President Laurent Gbagbo can be released from prison for the rest of his trial on charges arising from deadly election violence in 2010.
- Tue - Jul 18, 2017: Liberia, Cote d'Ivoire Hold Bilateral Talks - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[New Dawn] Liberia and Cote d'Ivoire have held bilateral talks aimed at strengthening cooperation in the areas of security, energy, roads, agriculture and regional affairs. An Executive Mansion release issued Sunday, 16 July says the talks took place in Monrovia on Saturday, 15 July when Ivorian President Alassane Ouattara paid a one-day working visit to Liberia.