COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 26,260,582 (2018)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Aug 19, 2019: U.S. Envoys Assume Key Africa Posts – But Not South Africa - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[allAfrica] Washington, DC -Career U.S. ambassadors are taking up key diplomatic assignments across Africa following confirmation by the Senate earlier this month. These include envoys to Nigeria, Egypt, Libya, Cote d'Ivoire and the African Union, as well as Malawi and Cape Verde.
- Fri - Aug 16, 2019: What You Need to Win Afcon Soccer Tourney - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[The Conversation Africa] The African Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament is the most important sporting event on the continent. It attracts media attention, sponsors and draws significant global viewership. Organised every two years, it is also considered one of the most difficult to win based on a large qualification pool.
- Wed - Aug 14, 2019: The Emerging Alliance of Two Former Presidents - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[RFI] One is currently out on parole in Brussels after being acquitted for war crimes; the other has joined the opposition after walking out of Côte d'Ivoire's coalition government. In recent months, Laurent Gbagbo and Henri Konan Bédié have gotten closer and teir rapprochement could shake up next year's presidential election.
- Tue - Aug 13, 2019: Ivorian Singer Dj Arafat, 33 Dies in Traffic Accident - Côte d'Ivoire State TV - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[RFI] Popular Ivorian singer DJ Arafat, known for his hit, "Moto Moto" died on Monday after getting in a traffic accident, said state broadcaster Ivorian Public Radio-Television (RTI).
- Mon - Aug 12, 2019: DJ Arafat Dies in High-Speed Accident - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[allAfrica] Cape Town -Ivorian singer and star of the coupé-décalé DJ Arafat is dead. He died August 12, as a result of a traffic accident that occurred on Sunday evening, Ivorian Radio-Television (RTI) announced on its Twitter account.