COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 23,740,424 (2016)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Prof. Ghandour Receives Message From Ivorian Counterpart - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[SNA] Khartoum -Foreign Minister, Prof. Ibrahim Ghandour received, Thursday, a message from his Ivorian counterpart in response to his congratulatory message on the Calendar Year.
- Wed - Apr 5, 2017: Envoy Wants to Boost Cooperation Relations With Côte d'Ivoire - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[ANGOP] Abidjan -The Angolan ambassador to Côte d'Ivoire, Mário Feliz, defended Tuesday in Abidjan the increase of cooperation relations between the two countries.
- Thu - Mar 30, 2017: Simone Gbagbo Acquittal Brings Accusations of 'Flawed' Trial - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Deutsche Welle] Human rights activists have condemned the acquittal of Ivory Coast's former first lady Simone Gbagbo, who was charged with war crimes for her role during the 2010-11 post-election conflict that left more than 3,000 dead.
- Wed - Mar 29, 2017: Simone Gbagbo Acquitted After Flawed War Crimes Trial - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[HRW] Nairobi -The acquittal in Côte d'Ivoire of former Ivorian first lady Simone Gbagbo for crimes against humanity based on a process marred by fair trial concerns and a critical lack of evidence shows the importance of the International Criminal Court's case against her, Human Rights Watch said today.
- Wed - Mar 29, 2017: Former First Lady Acquitted of Crimes Against Humanity - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[VOA] A court in Ivory Coast found former first lady Simone Gbagbo not guilty Tuesday of crimes against humanity allegedly committed during the 2011 post-election violence.