COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 24,184,810 (2017)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Oct 19, 2018: Oragroup announces the largest IPO ever made on the Abidjan Stock Exchange (BRVM) - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[35°N] With a fundraising target of CFAF 56.9 billion (?86 million), Oragroup's IPO will be the biggest listing on the BRVM, Abidjan's stock exchange since its creation in 1998. The fundraising will enable Oragroup to consolidate its growth.
- Fri - Oct 19, 2018: African Handball Clubs Championship - Three Cameroonian Clubs in Abidjan - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Cameroon Tribune] A total of 21 clubs are taking part in the competition that kicked off yesterday in Abidjan Côte d'Ivoire.
- Wed - Oct 17, 2018: Didier Drogba, the Irreplaceable Chelsea Legend - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[FirstTouch] After a short while, we have to reminisce the good old days. The times when African legends where still around, playing their best football in front of a crowd of tens of thousands, and millions behind a screen. This week, we focus on Didier Drogba, the Chelsea legend who had an illustrious career in England before moving to China and the MLS to wind down his career. Mostl know about his highs, the times when he was the king of Stamford Bridge and a constant menace in a head to head against Arsenal. But wh
- Wed - Oct 3, 2018: International Criminal Court - Gbagbo, Blé Goudé Counsel Demand Acquittal - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Cameroon Tribune] They say after more than two years of trial, the prosecution has failed to prove its case against the former Ivorian President and cabinet minister.
- Mon - Sep 24, 2018: Documentary Lays Bare the Flight of an African Migrant - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Deutsche Welle] A Paris-based Ivorian refugee retraced the dangerous route he took through Africa to escape civil war and produced Revenir, eye-opening documentary screened at the African Film Festival in Cologne.