COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 26,260,582 (2018)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: ICC Prosecutor Asks Judges to Declare a Mistrial in Gbagbo Case - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[International Justice Monitor] The International Criminal Court (ICC) prosecutor has asked the Appeals Chamber at the court based in The Hague to overturn the acquittal of former Ivory Coast president Laurent Gbagbo and declare a mistrial.
- Fri - Oct 18, 2019: Made With Child Labor? Major Chocolate Companies Flunk Scorecard - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] New York -Most of the world's cocoa is grown by poor family farmers in Ghana and Ivory Coast, where an estimated 1.6 million children work in the industry
- Tue - Oct 15, 2019: President Kagame in Abidjan for CGECI Academy - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Rwanda Govt] President Kagame is in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire where he will take part in the CGECI (Confédération Générale des Entreprises de Côte d'Ivoire) Academy.
- Tue - Oct 15, 2019: Kagame Addresses Ivorian Private Sector Meet - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[New Times] President Paul Kagame is in Côte d'Ivoire where he earlier on Monday gave a keynote address at the country's largest meeting by members of the private sector, dubbed Confédération Générale des Entreprises de Côte d'Ivoire (CGECI).
- Fri - Oct 11, 2019: Ivory Coast - Gbagbo Contest Liberation Conditions - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Cameroon Tribune] Lawyers of the former President, have submitted a complaint aimed at obtaining from the International Criminal Court (ICC), a review of conditions that had been imposed on his release when he was acquitted on 15, January, 2019.