COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 23,740,424 (2016)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - May 22, 2017: I. Coast Soldiers Deny 'Agreement' With Government to End Mutiny - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Deutsche Welle] The government of Ivory Coast says it has reached a deal with mutinying troops to end a four-day rebellion over pay. But renegade soldiers, who deny accepting any such agreement, are vowing to continue their revolt.
- Mon - May 22, 2017: Heavy Gunfire Heard in Ivory Coast's Two Main Cities Amid Mutiny - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Deutsche Welle] Witnesses say sustained gunfire has been heard in Abidjan and Bouake as the military tries to end a four-day army mutiny over pay. Falling cocoa prices have had a detrimental affect on the country's finances.
- Fri - May 19, 2017: Obasanjo Worries Over Standoff in Cote d'Ivoire - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Daily Trust] Abeokuta -A former Nigerian president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has expressed concern over what he described as "the standoff and wholesome situation in the Republic of Cote d'Ivoire.
- Thu - May 18, 2017: Govt Asks Cote d'Ivoire Mutineers to Return to Barracks - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Daily Trust] The Federal Government of Nigeria has condemned recent developments in Cote d'Ivoire in which a small fraction of the country's Armed Forces mutinied against the government.
- Wed - May 17, 2017: Nigeria Condemns Mutiny in Cote d' Ivoire - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Leadership] The Federal Government of Nigeria has wishes to condemned in strong terms the recent developments in Cote d'Ivoire in which a small fraction of the country's Armed Forces mutinied against the Government.