COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Denis Sassou Nguesso
Population: 4,662,446 (2014)
Land Size: 342,000 sq km (132,047 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - Nov 22, 2017: Ratings Agency Warns of Borrowing Difficulties - AllAfrica News: Congo-Brazzaville
[Moody's] London -The risk of sovereign financing stress is building in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) as the peak of maturing international debt approaches and countries contend with deteriorating credit quality, rising interest rates and an untested institutional capacity to take mitigating action, Moody's Investors Service said in a report today.
- Wed - Nov 22, 2017: CAF President Received By President Sassou Nguesso - AllAfrica News: Congo-Brazzaville
[CAF] CAF President Ahmad paid a courtesy call on Congolese President, Denis Sassou Nguesso, on Tuesday, 21 November 2017, in Brazzaville.
- Sat - Nov 11, 2017: Congo Offer Peek Into Cranes Future - AllAfrica News: Congo-Brazzaville
[Monitor] Kampala -Cranes interim coach Moses Basena first showed intentions of using a good number of home-based players in tomorrow's final World Cup qualifier in Congo when he named 24 of his provisional 32-man squad from the local league.
- Fri - Nov 10, 2017: Congo Match Means All to Us - Cranes Captain Onyango - AllAfrica News: Congo-Brazzaville
[Monitor] Kampala -Uganda Cranes line up against Congo at the 60,000-capacity Stade Municipal de Kintélé on Sunday knowing that no result can see them leapfrog Egypt to Russia for next year's World Cup. Yet coach Moses Basena's men still have a lot to play for.
- Thu - Nov 9, 2017: Rebels Displace Thousands More in Congo Brazaville - AllAfrica News: Congo-Brazzaville
[CAJ News] Kinshasa -A worsening rebellion by bandits has displaced 138 000 people in Congo. The displacements are most commonplace in the Pool and Bouenza areas south of the capital Brazzaville. A joint United Nations and government system assessment has established there are 81 000 newly arrived displaced persons in the departments of Niari, Lékoumou and Brazzaville. The rebels wreaking havoc in these areas have staged a mutiny against the government of President Denis Sassou Nguesso, in power since 1979. The presiden