COAT OF ARMS
Government: Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Azali Assoumani
Population: 767,000 (2014)
Land Size: 2,034 sq km (785 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - Jun 19, 2017: Second Operator Telma Shakes Up a Former Monopoly Market - AllAfrica News: Comoros
[Balancing Act] London -The implementation of an interconnection agreement between Comores' new second operator Telma and the incumbent Comores Telecom last week has opened up the market to a new level of competition. Russell Southwood looks at what's happened since the agreement was signed.
- Tue - Jun 13, 2017: Flames' AFCON Journey Gets Off To A Bad Start - AllAfrica News: Comoros
[Nyasa Times] Malawi national football team bowed out of the African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers against less fancied Madagascar by losing 2-0 on goal aggregate (1-0 both away and at home). It was a very disappointing result losing to such a team that we all expected to be a walkover.
- Sun - Jun 11, 2017: Flames Start 2019 AFCON Campaign With Win - AllAfrica News: Comoros
[Nyasa Times] Malawi national team, the Flames on Saturday rolled out their 2019 the biennial Africa Cup of Nations tournament (Afcon) qualification campaign with a narrow 1-0 win on against Comoros at Bingu National Stadium in Lilongwe.
- Fri - Jun 9, 2017: Tickets Available for Flames, Comoros AFCON Clash - AllAfrica News: Comoros
[Nyasa Times] In order to control money leakages through fraud and manipulations, Football Association of Malawi (Fam) has also adopted the advance e-ticketin for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier between Malawi and the Comoros on Saturday at Bingu National Stadium on Saturday using TNM Mpamba, the mobile service provider's system of sending money buying of goods and services.
- Wed - Jun 7, 2017: Flames Geared for Comoros Game - AllAfrica News: Comoros
[Nyasa Times] The Malawi National Football Team has intensified its preparations for their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) Group B qualifier against Comoros slated for Saturday at Bingu National Stadium in Lilongwe.