COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Idriss Déby
Population: 15,833,116 (2018)
Land Size: 1.28 million sq km (495,800 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Aug 19, 2019: Shoot Both Herdsmen, Farmers Dead If... . - Chadian President Orders Army - AllAfrica News: Chad
[Vanguard] Following the continued clashes between herdsmen and farmers in Chad, the President has ordered the Chadian army to shoot both herdsmen and farmers dead, if the clashes continue.
- Fri - Aug 16, 2019: Terrorism Survivors - Forced to Farm, Fish, Fight, 'They Slaughtered Three of My Friends' - AllAfrica News: Chad
[UN News] To mark next week's International Day of Remembrance of and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism, UN News travelled to Chad and the Far North region of Cameroon in West Africa earlier in the year, to interview people who have personal stories to tell about how terrorism has shattered their lives.
- Thu - Aug 15, 2019: Six People Killed By Female Suicide Bomber in Lake Chad Area - Chadian Army - AllAfrica News: Chad
[RFI] A suspected Boko Haram female suicide bomber detonated an explosive vest in the early hours of Wednesday, killing at least six people and injuring several others in western Chad, according to a Chadian army officer who did not give his name.
- Fri - Aug 9, 2019: Protect, Support and Empower Girls in Lake Chad Region - AllAfrica News: Chad
[IPS] United Nations -As Lake Chad enters its 10th year of conflict, millions of young girls are being used and manipulated in grotesque ways.
- Wed - Aug 7, 2019: Wali of Red Sea State Receives Chadian Ambassador to Sudan - AllAfrica News: Chad
[SNA] Port Sudan -The Caretaker Wali (governor) of the Red Sea State Maj. Gen. Essam Abdel-Farraj received here Tuesday the Chadian Ambassador to Sudan Salih Hamid and his accompanying delegation, who are now on a visit to the state. The ambassador's visit was to check the movement of foreign trade of Chad through Sudanese seaports, inspect the yards dedicated to Chad's imports in the dry port of Salloum and open a follow-up office in Port Sudan. The Red Sea State's Wali welcomed the delegation of Chad, pointing out to the