COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Idriss Déby
Population: 15,833,116 (2018)
Land Size: 1.28 million sq km (495,800 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Oct 18, 2019: Floods Leave Thousands Homeless in Chad and Cameroon - AllAfrica News: Chad
[VOA] Heavy rains and floods this week have left at least 100,000 people homeless on both sides of the border between northern Cameroon and Chad. It's the worst flooding in the area since 2012. the military is working to evacuate those stranded by floodwaters in Kaikai.
- Fri - Oct 18, 2019: Border Closures With Libya, CAR Begin to Have Impact - AllAfrica News: Chad
[VOA] Sudan's ruling Sovereign Council recently ordered the closure of the country's borders with the Central African Republic and Libya, citing security concerns. The order has been gradually implemented in the last three weeks.
- Thu - Oct 17, 2019: Cameroon-Chad Relations - Outgoing Chadian Ambassador Honoured - AllAfrica News: Chad
[Cameroon Tribune] Ahmat Mahamat Karambal was offered a diner on behalf of the Head of State by Minister Mbella Mbella on October 14 as he came to the end of his diplomatic mission in Cameroon.
- Tue - Oct 15, 2019: Asma Receives Ambassador of Chad - AllAfrica News: Chad
[SNA] Khartoum -The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Asma Mohamed Abdalla, Monday received the Ambassador of Chad to Sudan, Salih Hegaira, on the occasion of the expiry his assignment to Sudan and thanked him for his efforts to consolidate the relations between the two countries.
- Mon - Oct 14, 2019: We Are Paying a Heavy Price for What's Happening in Libya - President Issoufou - AllAfrica News: Chad
[allAfrica] Rhodes -The security threat to the Sahel region has been amplified by the Libyan crisis, said the President of Niger Mahamadou Issoufou. In his forthright assessment of the conflict, Issoufou said it seems the world has turned its back on countries that are dealing with the fallout of the crisis.