COAT OF ARMS
Current President: Idriss Deby
Population: 11.5 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 1.28 million sq km (495,800 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Feb 24, 2017: Lake Chad - Building Walls or Bridges? - AllAfrica News: Chad
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] In Nigeria and the Lake Chad region today, unbeknownst to the world, some 11 million people need emergency relief
- Tue - Feb 21, 2017: Lake Chad Money, Oxfam-Goal Merger, and Serial Syria Talks - the Cheat Sheet - AllAfrica News: Chad
[IRIN] Every week, IRIN's team of editors takes a look at what lies ahead on the humanitarian agenda and curates a selection of some of the best reports, opinion, and journalism you may have missed:
- Mon - Feb 20, 2017: Cemac - President Idriss Deby Takes Over Presidency - AllAfrica News: Chad
[Cameroon Tribune] Cameroon's Prime Minister, Head of Government Philemon Yang represented President Paul Biya at the 13th Heads of State and Government summit of the Central African Economic and Monetary Community (CEMAC) on February 17, 2017 in Djibloho, Equatorial Guinea. The Djibloho summit that came on the heels of the Yaounde extraordinary summit on December 23, 2016 was crowned with key resolutions contained in the final communiqué intended to further consolidate integration within the CEMAC zone and enhance so
- Tue - Feb 14, 2017: FM Phones His Chadian Counterpart - AllAfrica News: Chad
[SNA] Khartoum -The Foreign Minister, Prof. Ibrahim Ghandour, Monday made a phone call with his new Chadian counterpart, Hussein IbrahimTaha, during which he congratulated him for winning confidence of President Idris Debby, and affirmed his keenness to work with him to enhance the cooperation and coordination between the two countries on all the regional and international issues.
- Mon - Feb 13, 2017: Homes Devoured by Flames in Darfur, Eastern Chad - AllAfrica News: Chad
[Radio Dabanga] Assalaya / Gireida / Goz Amer -Fires destroyed more than 100 houses and shelters in Darfur and eastern Chad over the weekend. On Sunday, a fire destroyed the full contents of 95 houses in Assalaya in East Darfur.