COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: N’DjamenaGovernment:Dominant Party Presidential Republic RepublicCurrent President: Idriss DébyEconomy:
Population: 13,670,084 (2015)
Land Size: 1.28 million sq km (495,800 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Court Upholds Habre's Sentence - AllAfrica News: Chad
[Al Jazeera] An appeals court in Senegal upheld the life sentence of Hissene Habre, former Chad president, on war crimes charges.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Court Rejects Habre's Appeal - AllAfrica News: Chad
[VOA] An African Union tribunal in Senegal has rejected the appeal of former-Chadian president Hissene Habre, who was convicted last year of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Khartoum and N'djamena Affirm Renewal of Joint Cooperation Program - AllAfrica News: Chad
[SNA] Khartoum -The Wali (governor) of Khartoum State, General, Abdul Rahim Mohammed Hussein and the Omda of N'Djamena have affirmed the deeply rooted -relations between Sudan and Chad and the desire of the leaderships of the two countries to promote these relations to full cooperation.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Senegal Court Upholds Life Sentence for Hissene Habre - AllAfrica News: Chad
[Deutsche Welle] Chad's former dictator had been charged for war crimes and crimes against humanity. Habre's victims expressed satisfaction at the final outcome, but the defense argued the landmark trial was "unfair.'"
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: Hissène Habré Appeal Ruling Closes Dark Chapter For Victims - AllAfrica News: Chad
[AI London] Following today's Extraordinary African Chambers appeal judgment in Senegal upholding the conviction of the former Chadian President Hissène Habré for war crimes, crimes against humanity and torture, and the sentence of life imprisonment, but acquitting him of rape, Amnesty International's Erica Bussey said: