COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Idriss Déby
Population: 16,877,357 (2020)
Land Size: 1.28 million sq km (495,800 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Sep 14, 2020: A $75 Million Grant From the World Bank to Scale Up Support for Refugees and Host Communities - AllAfrica News: Chad
[World Bank] Washington -- The World Bank Board of Executive Directors today approved a $75 million grant from the International Development Association (IDA)* to help Chad scale up support for refugees and host communities through improved access to basic social services and livelihoods. This additional financing under the Refugees and Host Communities Support Project (PARCA) is being funded by the IDA-19 regional sub-window for refugees and host communities.
- Wed - Sep 9, 2020: Chad - Refugees and Host Communities Support Project - AllAfrica News: Chad
[World Bank] IDA Grant: $75 million equivalent
- Wed - Sep 9, 2020: W. Darfur State Governor Meets Chadian Consul - AllAfrica News: Chad
[SNA] Al Genaina -- Governor of West Darfur State Mohamed Abdalla Al Doma met at his office here with the charge d'Affaires of the General Consulate of Chad in Al Genaina Mohamed Al Haj Mohamed and discussed bilateral relations and ways and means of boosting cooperation between West Darfur State and the Chadian Wadai region.
- Wed - Sep 9, 2020: Governor of W. Darfur Discusses Bilateral Relations With Chad's General Consul - AllAfrica News: Chad
[SNA] Al-Geneina -- The acting governor of West Darfur state, Mohammed Abdullah Al-Duma, emphasized eternal relations between Sudan and Chad and its connection with the social bonds that extend across the borders of the two countries, indicating the state's work for consolidating relations in various fields.
- Thu - Sep 3, 2020: Agriculture Minister Clarifies Death of Cattle From Chad - AllAfrica News: Chad
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Angola's minister of Agriculture and Fisheries António Francisco de Assis Wednesday said technical errors related to restocking process of the animals were the cause of the deaths of 105, out of the 1,500 cattle from Chad.