COAT OF ARMS
Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Faustin-Archange Touadéra
Population: 5,745,062 (2018)
Land Size: 622,984 sq km (240,535 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Oct 18, 2019: Rwanda - President Kagame in CAR - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Cameroon Tribune] Rwandan President Paul Kagame was in the Central African Republic (CAR) for a one-day official visit. While in Bangui, Mr Kagame held talks with his Central African counterpart, Faustin Archange Touadéra. Even though the two Heads of State have already met several times out of the country, Tuesday October 15, 2019 visit was his first in the CAR, since the election of Faustin Archange Touadéra in 2016. During his stay in CAR, several bilateral agreements were signed in the economic and mining
- Fri - Oct 18, 2019: Border Closures With Libya, CAR Begin to Have Impact - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[VOA] Sudan's ruling Sovereign Council recently ordered the closure of the country's borders with the Central African Republic and Libya, citing security concerns. The order has been gradually implemented in the last three weeks.
- Wed - Oct 16, 2019: President Kagame in Bangui for State Visit - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[New Times] President Paul Kagame on Tuesday arrived in Bangui the capital of the Central African Republic (CAR), for a one-day state visit, at the invitation of his counterpart President Faustin-Archange Touadéra.
- Wed - Oct 16, 2019: Govt, Central Africa Republic Sign Bilateral Pacts - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[New Times] President Paul Kagame and President Faustin-Archange Touadéra of Central Africa Republic (CAR) yesterday witnessed the signing of four pacts in Bangui.
- Wed - Oct 16, 2019: Central African Republic Tops World Hunger Index - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -Central African Republic topped an annual world hunger index on Tuesday as aid agencies warned that climate change was making it increasingly hard to feed the world.