COAT OF ARMS
Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Faustin-Archange Touadéra
Population: 5,745,062 (2018)
Land Size: 622,984 sq km (240,535 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Don't Reward Warlords - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[HRW] Nairobi -Prosecutors in the Central African Republic should investigate militia leaders recently awarded government positions.
- Thu - Apr 18, 2019: Rebels Worsen Spread of HIV in CAR - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[CAJ News] Bangui -FIGHTING between rival armed groups, continued insecurity and large-scale displacement of people are blamed for the spread of HIV in the Central African Republic (CAR).
- Thu - Apr 18, 2019: Central African Fibre Links Beginning to Fall Into Place With the Soon-to-Be Realised - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Balancing Act] London -What was once Africa's slowest cross-border project is finally beginning to gather some pace. If recent announcements by politicians turn into reality, there could soon be a new fibre link in place to the Central African Republic. Russell Southwood looks at what might be about to happen.
- Wed - Apr 17, 2019: UN Chief Welcomes Establishment of Inclusive Government - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[UN News] United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has welcomed the establishment in the Central African Republic (CAR) of a government in line with an early February peace deal struck with more than a dozen armed groups active in the country.
- Thu - Apr 11, 2019: CAR, Russia solidify bilateral relations - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[CAJ News] Bangui -THE Central African Republic (CAR) has cemented bilateral relations with Russia after the Eurasian country brokered a deal that brought reconciliation in the African nation.