COAT OF ARMS
Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Faustin-Archange Touadéra
Population: 4,709,000 (2014)
Land Size: 622,984 sq km (240,535 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: 'Around 100 Killed' in Bria Despite Truce Deal - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Al Jazeera] As many as 100 people may have been killed in a day of clashes between rival factions in the Central African Republic town of Bria, shortly after a truce deal was signed, the town's mayor said.
- Wed - Jun 21, 2017: 'Dozens Killed' in CAR's Bria Despite Ceasefire Deal - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Al Jazeera] Around 50 people have been killed in Bria, in the Central African Republic, when clashes broke out between rival armed factions despite the signing a day earlier of a truce deal, the mayor of the town has said.
- Wed - Jun 21, 2017: People With Disabilities At High Risk - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[HRW] Nairobi -People with disabilities in the Central African Republic have faced violent attacks, forced displacement, and ongoing neglect in the humanitarian response, Human Rights Watch said today. A peace accord signed on June 19, 2017, offers a chance to help this abused and marginalized group.
- Wed - Jun 21, 2017: Justice Needed for Lasting Peace in CAR - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[HRW] Civilians in the Central African Republic caught a break this week. The government and armed groups signed a peace accord on June 19 that includes a ceasefire and political reform measures, which could put an end to a conflict that has claimed thousands of lives and caused immense suffering.
- Wed - Jun 21, 2017: Peace Deal in Doubt As Dozens Die in Fresh Fighting - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Deutsche Welle] Close to 50 people have been killed after fresh fighting broke out in a small town in the Central African Republic. On Monday, the government signed its latest peace deal with 13 armed groups.