COAT OF ARMS
Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Faustin-Archange Touadéra
Population: 5,990,855 (2020)
Land Size: 622,984 sq km (240,535 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Former Presidential Guard Chief Arrested On Torture Charges - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[RFI] A former presidential guard head who worked for deposed Central African Republic President François Bozizé was arrested in France for alleged torture and complicity in crimes against humanity, according to a statement by the French Anti-Terrorism Prosecuting Authority (PNAT) released on Saturday.
- Thu - Sep 17, 2020: Lasting Peace in Central African Republic Requires Commitment of All Sides to Free Elections, Says UN Human Rights Expert - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[OHCHR] Exactly four months ahead of 27 December elections in the Central African Republic, the UN's Independent expert on human rights in that country has called on all sides - with the support of the international community - to ensure the vote can go ahead smoothly, and will be free and fair.
- Thu - Sep 17, 2020: Challenges and Positive Prospects - the First Weeks of the EU Advisory Mission in Bangui - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[PR Newswire] Brussels -- Deploying a CSDP mission on the ground is exciting and challenging for the staff members who solve daily multiple challenges - rendered more complex by the global pandemic Covid-19. However, despite the delays in deployment and surprises created by the unforeseen pandemic, the EU Advisory Mission has met expectations on time.
- Thu - Sep 17, 2020: Malaria Is a Deadly Killer of Children During Coronavirus in CAR - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[MSF] The hospital in Batangafo - a town of 31,000 people, including 22,000 displaced from elsewhere in the Central African Republic - is bustling with activity. While a particular focus has been placed on infection prevention and control measures to identify and isolate people with suspected cases of COVID-19, another deadly disease has a much heavier impact on the lives of people living here.
- Thu - Sep 17, 2020: Stabilisation of CAR - Seventh Cameroonian Contingent Ready for Deployment - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Cameroon Tribune] The Minister Delegate at the Presidency in charge of Defence, Joseph Beti Assomo chaired the ceremony to hand over the Cameroonian flag to the Contingent in Motcheboum, East Region on September 15, 2020.