COAT OF ARMS
Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Faustin-Archange Touadéra
Population: 4,709,000 (2014)
Land Size: 622,984 sq km (240,535 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: U.S. Forces to Pull Out of CAR Amid Ongoing Hunt for Kony - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Deutsche Welle] US Special Forces are to begin pulling out of the Central African Republic on Wednesday. With limited government control and a notorious warlord on the loose, it isn't clear what this will mean for the country.
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: End of Joseph Kony Hunt Breeds Frustration and Fear - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[IRIN] Gulu -Uganda and the United States have ended a six-year hunt for elusive warlord Joseph Kony and his notorious Lord's Resistance Army.
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: Beleaguered Sudanese Refugees in CAR Appeal to UNHCR for Relief - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Radio Dabanga] Bambare -Sudanese refugees at camp Bambare in the Central African Republic have appealed to the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) to move them to a more secure location, as they suffer constant attacks from both militiamen and civilians.
- Tue - Apr 25, 2017: CAR Militancy Displaces Thousands - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[CAJ News] Kinshasa -RENEWED fighting in the ungovernable Central African Republic (CAR) has uprooted thousands more from their homes and prevented children from accessing school. In Ouaka and Haute Kotto Prefectures, clashes between Popular Front for the Renaissance of CAR (FPRC) coalition and Union for Peace in the CAR (UPC) armed elements have broken out. The security situation is hampering humanitarian access in the area while an estimated 2,500 IDPs are moving towards Bambari, Bakouma and Bria looking for protection aroun
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Why Ugandan Army Abandoned Seven-Year Hunt for Kony? - AllAfrica News: Central African Republic
[Observer] Asked by journalists in June 2014 why Joseph Kony and his rebel Lord's Resistance Army had eluded the UPDF in the jungles of the Central African Republic (CAR), Brigadier Sam Kavuma swiftly responded with a question of his own; "If five people are hiding in a thick forest and they are not communicating on phone, where will you find them?"