COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Paul Biya
Population: 24,994,885 (2017)
Land Size: 475,442 sq km (183,568 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: 400,000 African Pangolins Are Hunted for Meat Every Year - Why It's Time to Act - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[The Conversation Africa] Pangolins, a group of unique African and Asian scaly mammals, are considered to be one of the most heavily trafficked wild mammals in the world. They are hunted and traded for their meat, scales, and other body parts, and used as traditional medicines in parts of Africa and Asia.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Rail Transport Difficulties - Eseka Traditional Leaders Meet Transport Minister - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The meeting, which took place last Wednesday aimed at bringing a lasting solution to the transportation difficulties in the locality.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Female 'Petty Traders' At Star Building - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] Prime Minister, Head of Government, Joseph Dion Ngute received their leaders on February 14, 2019 afternoon.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Promote 2019 - International Trade Exhibition Opens Tomorrow - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] Some 984 exhibitors, including those from over 30 foreign countries have so far confirmed their participation.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: 50 Eco-Guards End Pre-Military Trainig - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] Some 50 Eco-guards and Game guards from the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife have received diplomas and epaulletes after completing 45 days of pre-military training and re-cycling for senior forestry guards (Ingineers) at the Koutaba military training facility.