COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Paul Biya
Population: 25,640,965 (2018)
Land Size: 475,442 sq km (183,568 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Electoral Registers - Implementing Final Strategies - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] As the August 31, 2019 deadline draws nearer for the annual revision of electoral registers, ELECAM is exploiting strategies to get as many potential voters of voting age as possible.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Situation in NW, SW - Minister Mbayu Encourages Effective Back-to-School - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] He urged parents to inspire their children to go back to school as the 2019/2020 academic year opens on September 2 given that education paves the way for better reasoning.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Didactic Materials - Parents Witness Resistance in Schools - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The concoction of textbook list by school proprietors, obliges some parents to buy more than chosen by the government
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Critics Condemn Life Sentences for Separatist Leaders - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[VOA] A military tribunal in Cameroon has sentenced 10 leaders of the country's Anglophone separatist movement to life in prison, which critics say will hurt efforts to end the separatist crisis through dialogue.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Cameroon Separatist Leaders Who Sought Refuge in Nigeria Jailed for Life - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Premium Times] The leader of the unrecognised Federal Republic of Ambazonia (English speaking side of Cameroon), Sisiku Ayuk Tabe, alongside nine others, has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a military court in Yaoundé.