COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Paul Biya
Population: 23,135,000 (2014)
Land Size: 475,442 sq km (183,568 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Legal Proceedings Against Anglophone Activists Adjourned - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[RFI] The case against three Anglophone activists in Cameroon charged with terrorism was adjourned on Thursday while the military judge decides on an application for bail, a defence lawyer told RFI. Human rights lawyer Felix Agbor Balla, university lecturer Fontem Neba and radio host Mancho Bibixy have pleaded not guilty to terrorism. They were involved in organising protests in Cameroon's Anglophone regions over perceived marginalisation by the Francophone government.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Michael S. Hoza - 'The Best Path Forward Is Peaceful Dialogue' - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] United States Ambassador to Cameroon
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Regional Development - Minepat Validates National Plan - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] A workshop to approve the plan took place in Yaounde yesterday, Thursday, April 27, 2017.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: University Games 2017 - Several Individual Records Broken - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The competition ends tomorrow with INJS, University of Douala battling for leadership position.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: "Cameroon Business Today" Hits Kiosks - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The maiden edition of the economic bilingual weekly brings to the spotlight issues on the economy.