COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Paul Biya
Population: 24,994,885 (2017)
Land Size: 475,442 sq km (183,568 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: 2018 Natural Disasters - Japan Appreciates Cameroon's Show of Concern - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] Ambassador Tsutomu Osawa spoke at Emperor Akihito's 85th birthday reception in Yaounde on December 11, 2018.
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: Decentralisation and Local Development - Mayors Examine Better Forest Management Strategies - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] This was during the 10th General Assembly of the Association of Forest Councils in Cameroon organised in Yaounde recently.
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: Seidou Mbombo Njoya - Coming Back Home - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The former Vice President of FECAFOOT, now elected President is expected to put his rich experience in international football to turn the fortunes of Cameroon football.
- Wed - Dec 12, 2018: Sudcam: Bleeding the Forest and its Dependent Communities - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Greenpeace] Yaoundé -I had the opportunity to do a field visit to communities impacted by Sud-Cameroun Hévéa ("Sudcam"), a rubber plantation company situated in the South region of Cameroon. Sudcam is a subsidiary of Halcyon Agri based in Singapore and is responsible for by far the most devastating new forest clearance for industrial agriculture in the Congo Basin. Halcyon Agri is a supplier to major tyre brands like Goodyear, Continental, Michelin and Bridgestone. An "influential member"
- Wed - Dec 12, 2018: Environmental Stakeholders Interrogate Sudcam - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Greenpeace] Yaoundé -The negative socioeconomic and environmental repercussions of Sudcam activities in the South of Cameroon has prompted stakeholders from government and civil society to undertake a field mission to Sudcam concession areas. The visit to the villages of Bitye, Edjom, Ndibessong, Zoumeyo and Ekok exposed the plight of local and indigenous communities and the large-scale unregulated deforestation taking place in Cameroon.