COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Paul Biya
Population: 23,135,000 (2014)
Land Size: 475,442 sq km (183,568 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Calls to Release Students Jailed for Sharing Boko Haram Joke - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[AI London] More than 300,000 letters and petitions from people around the world have been sent to Cameroonian President Paul Biya calling on him to release three students each sentenced to 10 years in prison by a military court for sharing a joke by SMS about Boko Haram, Amnesty International revealed today.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Eseka Train Accident - Head of State Reacts to Enquiry Results - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The publication of results of the enquiry into the October 21, 2016 train derailment points to acts of compassion by the Head of State and presents CAMRAIL as responsible for the accident.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Yaounde, Abuja Collaborate Against Piracy - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[VOA] The Gulf of Guinea remains a global hot spot for piracy, with reported attacks concentrated off the coast of Nigeria.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: National Orders - Over 120 Decorated - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The Governor of the Centre Region, Naseri Paul Bea affixed the medals on laureates last Saturday at the esplanade of the Yaounde City Council.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Can U-17 - Cameroon Needs to Restructure Youth Football - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The Cadets Lions' premature exit from the U-17 AFCON in Gabon has been a cause for worry for many football lovers in the country.