COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Paul Biya
Population: 24,994,885 (2017)
Land Size: 475,442 sq km (183,568 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Us Throws Weight Behind Cameroon's Humanitarian Plan for Anglophone Regions - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[RFI] The US says it may support a humanitarian plan unveiled by the Cameroonian government aimed at responding to the crisis in the north west and south west regions of the country. The authorities in Yaoundé outlined a 19-million-euro project to carry out reconstruction as well as provide food and basic necessities including blankets and mattresses.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Emergency Humanitarian Assistance Plan - Over Fcfa 236 Million Already Raised - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] North West and South West elite on June 21, 2018 organised a fundraising ceremony in Yaounde to kick start the raising of funds to salvage the situation of people affected by the crisis in the two regions.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Government Emergency Humanitarian Plan - A Timely Decision - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] Many people have been asking questions and wondering where the ongoing social tension rocking the North West and the South West will take the country. The number of security personnel killed, that is 84 in 123 attacks as of 11 June, 2018 and the humanitarian crisis that the situation has generated with 74,966 IDPs (internally displaced persons), arson in 120 schools and 15 traditional rulers victimised, and so on, are stories hitherto unheard of in Cameroon.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Microfinance Loan Delinquency - Prevention Bureau Goes Operational - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The Minister of Finance launched the institution in Yaounde on June, 21, 2018.
- Thu - Jun 21, 2018: Socio-Political Crisis - Emergency Humanitarian Plan Launched - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The PM on June 20, 2018 gave details on the strategy and how the money will be raised to restore a conducive environment for the socio-economic development of the affected areas.