COAT OF ARMS
Government: Republic; Multiparty Presidential Regime
Current President: Paul Biya
Population: 23,135,000 (2014)
Land Size: 475,442 sq km (183,568 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Feb 24, 2017: Race of Hope - Alpinists Round Off Preparations - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The 2017 edition of the Mount Cameroon Race of Hope will take place tomorrow February 25.
- Fri - Feb 24, 2017: Bamenda - Fire in Cenajes - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] Suspect arrested, security stepped up on Campus
- Fri - Feb 24, 2017: Championship Resumes After a Long Wait - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The professional championship is kicking off five months after the last season due to financial, organisational and infrastructural problems.
- Fri - Feb 24, 2017: English-speaking Regions Boycott AFCON Trophy - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[VOA] Cameroon is still basking in the glory of this month's upset victory at the Africa Cup of Nations. The trophy has been touring major cities in a government bid to bolster national unity. But that plan appears to be backfiring in English-speaking regions where an anti-government strike is deepening.
- Fri - Feb 24, 2017: An Irreversible Trend - AllAfrica News: Cameroon
[Cameroon Tribune] The growing influence of the Information and Communication Technologies on daily business activities in the country is no longer a secret. People are increasingly getting involved in new ways of purchases and money transfers, at times without even realising that they are into a virtual society where the language is more on issues like the 'information economy' to notions like 'network society', 'network economy' and 'digital economy', - tendencies which the advent of the computer, Internet and telephone ha