COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Pierre Nkurunziza
Population: 11,446,756 (2017)
Land Size: 27,834 sq km (10,747 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Jun 12, 2018: Burundi Peacekeeper Killed in Car Rebel Attack - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[CAJ News] Bangui -THE latest attacks by rebel groups in the Central African Republic (CAR) have left a United Nations (UN) peacekeeper dead.
- Fri - Jun 8, 2018: Burundi's Nkurunziza to Step Down in 2020 - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[Citizen] Burundian President Pierre Nkurunziza said on Thursday he would not run for another term, despite widespread belief that he backed a new constitution extending term limits in a bid to cling to power.
- Fri - Jun 8, 2018: Nkurunziza Surprises With Vow to Step Down in 2020 - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[Monitor] In a surprise move, Burundian President Pierre Nkurunziza said Thursday he would step down in 2020, despite widespread belief that he backed a new constitution extending term limits in a bid to cling to power.
- Fri - Jun 8, 2018: Egypt Coordinating With Burundi to Deliver Egyptian Medical Aid - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[Egypt Online] Friday 08 June 2018 - 11:38 AM
- Fri - Jun 8, 2018: Reaction of Didier Reynders On the Announcement By the President of Burundi - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[PR Newswire] Brussels -Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Didier Reynders welcomes the announcement by the President of Burundi Pierre Nkurunziza of the end of his mandate in 2020. The principle of democratic alternation lies at the heart of the Arusha Accords and of the African Charter on Democracy, Elections and Governance.