COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Évariste Ndayishimiye
Population: 11,865,821 (2020)
Land Size: 27,834 sq km (10,747 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 26, 2020: Hippos Dare South Sudan to Better Their Burundi Rout - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[Monitor] South Sudan have ably stood up to Uganda's football challenge over the past two weeks.
- Wed - Nov 25, 2020: Rwasa - Burundi Not Out of the Woods in Quest for Unity, Stability - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[East African] Agathon Rwasa, the country's opposition leader, spoke with The EastAfrican on electoral process, political space and composition of a new government
- Tue - Nov 10, 2020: Nation Welcomed Back into Francophonie Family as Sanctions Are Lifted - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[East African] Burundi has been re-admitted into the fold of Francophone countries, following the lifting of the four year-long sanctions against Gitega (formerly Kitega).
- Wed - Nov 4, 2020: Burundi to Reopen Airport - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[East African] The Burundi government Tuesday announced it would reopen Melchior Ndadaye International Airport on November 8.
- Wed - Nov 4, 2020: Burundi PM Arrives for Magufuli's Second Inauguration - AllAfrica News: Burundi
[Daily News] Burundi Prime Minister Alain Bunyoni has just landed at Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA) in Dar es Salaam, Wednesday afternoon for the second inauguration of President Uhuru Kenyatta in Dodoma on Thursday.