COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Roch Marc Christian Kaboré
Population: 17,322,796 (2014)
Land Size: 274,200 sq km (105,900 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - May 17, 2017: New Ambassador Looks for Commercial, Cultural Exchanges With Seychelles - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[Seychelles News Agency] Burkina Faso's first ambassador to Seychelles said the two countries can benefit from the exchange of commerce and culture.
- Tue - May 16, 2017: Trial of Former Leader Blaise Compaore Adjourned - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[Al Jazeera] The closely-watched and long-delayed trial of Blaise Compaore, Burkina Faso's former president, and members of his cabinet has been adjourned for a month after his lawyers claimed that he would not receive a fair hearing.
- Tue - May 16, 2017: Trial of Ex-Leader Blaise Compaore Under Way - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[Al Jazeera] A closely-watched trial of Burkina Faso's Blaise Compaore, former president, and members of his cabinet is under way in the capital, Ouagadougou.
- Sun - May 14, 2017: Presidents Who Came to Power At 40 and Below - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[Monitor] Emmanuel Macron was elected President of France last Sunday in an internationally popular presidential election. It is believed that the election was a disguised referendum on the European Union (EU) in France. If his opponent, Marine Le Pen had won, chances were high that France would leave the EU. France had last had a young leader in the 1880s when Napoleon Bonaparte led the republic. Macron's election has generated a debate over a new generation of presidents taking power. While this seems to be the no
- Sat - May 13, 2017: Women in Politics - Nigeria Can Emulate Burkina Faso - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[Vanguard] - Women group bitter as only 54 women submitted forms for 448 LG positions in Lagos