COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Roch Marc Christian Kaboré
Population: 17,322,796 (2014)
Land Size: 274,200 sq km (105,900 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: How Citizens Took to the Streets to Remove a Dictator, Then Stayed There - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[African Arguments] Years after Burkinabé citizens overthrew a repressive regime, street protests continue apace over a wide range of issues.
- Thu - Apr 19, 2018: Ethnic Violence Pushes Malians Into Burkina Faso Crisis Zone - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Dakar -Ethnic violence in central Mali has driven 3,000 people into northern Burkina Faso since February, straining dwindling food and medical supplies in that part of the West African nation, the United Nations said on Tuesday.
- Thu - Apr 12, 2018: Algeria Smile At the Death As Gambia Edge Burkina Faso - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[CAF] Algeria left it late against Senegal to book their place at the next round whilst Gambia edged Burkina Faso on penalties to also go through as the penultimate round of matches of the qualifiers came to an end.
- Wed - Apr 11, 2018: Burkina Faso Defeats Queen Scorpions - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[The Point] Burkina Faso's National Women team defeated Gambia's Queen Scorpions on Friday prior to the crucial 2019 Africa Women cup of nation preliminary first 1st leg qualifiers at the Burkina national stadium in Ouagadougou.
- Wed - Apr 11, 2018: Gambia Beats Burkina Faso to Navigate to African Women's Cup of Nations Qualifiers' 2nd Round - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[The Point] The Gambia Queen Scorpions yesterday defeated their West African counterparts Burkina Faso 2-1 at the Independence Stadium, in Bakau as they move to qualify for the African Women's Cup of Nations Qualifiers'.