COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Roch Marc Christian Kaboré
Population: 20,835,401 (2020)
Land Size: 274,200 sq km (105,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: President Kaboré Comfortably Wins Second Term - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[RFI] The President of Burkina Faso Roch Kaboré has won a comfortable re-election according to preliminary results given by the country's electoral board on Thursday.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: President Kabore Wins Election, Preliminary Results Show - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[DW] Roch Marc Christian Kabore will serve another 5-year term as president of the west African nation of Burkina Faso, according to provisional results. Opposition figures have said the election was not entirely fair.
- Wed - Nov 25, 2020: Alliance Calls on Candidates to Respect Election Outcome, As Opposition Cries Foul - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[RFI] The alliance of parties that support incumbent president Roch Marc Christian Kaboré called on all candidates to "respect the results" of Sunday's presidential and legislative elections, after an earlier announcement from opposition parties that alleges fraud and irregularities took place during the vote.
- Wed - Nov 25, 2020: Counting of Election Results Continues - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[DW] In Burkina Faso, once known as a country of peaceful coexistence, mistrust is growing between ethnic groups in the wake of terrorist attacks and banditry. Insecurity kept hundreds of thousands of Burkinabe from voting.
- Mon - Nov 23, 2020: Election 2020 in Burkina Faso - the Critical Issues - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[MFWA] On Sunday November 22, 2020, Burkinabés will be going to the polls in another presidential and legislative elections. This will be the country's second elections since a popular uprising in 2014 toppled its long-standing dictator Blaise Compaoré. The highly anticipated election comes as the country is engulfed in the fight against terrorism and its attendant spiralling insecurity.