COAT OF ARMS
Government: Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Seretse Khama Ian Khama
Population: 2,155,784 (2014)
Land Size: 581,730 sq km (224,607 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Masisi Shares Botswana Story - AllAfrica News: Botswana
[Botswana Daily News] London -President Mr Mokgweetsi Masisi has told international scholars that he has been enthralled by Botswana's political progress and good governance since the county attained self-governance from the British.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Government Rewards Athletes - AllAfrica News: Botswana
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -A total of five medals, three gold, one silver and a bronze won at the just-ended 2018 Commonwealth Games is by no means a small achievement for a country that boasts no sophisticated sporting facilities. Ranked 16 overall in the medal standing at the Commonwealth Games behind superpowers Australia, England and Kenya among others, it is no doubt that Botswana is a superpower in track events.Botswana's performances on the global stage have come of age and are always favourites for podium finishes in most in
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Basic Education Ministry Assists Talented Learners Reach Goals - AllAfrica News: Botswana
[Botswana Daily News] Francistown -Assistant Minister of Basic Education, Thato Kwerepe says it is the ministry's deliberate effort to see to it that students who excel in sporting activities are supported in creating a path that will lead to success at international arenas.
- Thu - Apr 19, 2018: Police Arrest Suspects, Recover Stolen Goods - AllAfrica News: Botswana
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -Botswana Police Service has arrested seven Batswana men and two Zimbabwean men in connection with possession of suspected stolen property and smuggling of goods into the country.
- Thu - Apr 19, 2018: Govt Cautions Public On Malaria Outbreak - AllAfrica News: Botswana
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -The Ministry of Health and Wellness informs the public about the ongoing malaria outbreak in the central and southern parts of Botswana.