COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: João Lourenço
Population: 30,355,880 (2018)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (481,354 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: CAN U-17 - Angola Eliminated in Semi-Finals - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -The Angolan national football team last Wednesday failed to get the pass to the final of the Under-17 Africa Cup of Nations (CAN) happening in Tanzania, after losing to Cameroon on penalties by 3-4.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Lack of Clean Water Leads to Opportunity in Delivery Services - AllAfrica News: Angola
[VOA] Angola's Luanda Province, home of the nation's capital, is surrounded by water. But clean water is not available for many of its residents. While Angolan authorities work to improve access to portable water, delivery services are cashing in.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Vice Governor Hails Traditional Authorities - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Menongue -The vice governor of the south-eastern Cuando Cubango Province for political matters, Sara Luísa Mateus, has underscored the importance of the participation of chieftains in the first local elections, scheduled to happen in the year 2020, so as to encourage the population to contribute to the success of this process as well.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Mass Media Minister Highlights Press Freedom - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -The minister of Mass Media, João Melo, highlighted on Tuesday in Luanda the progress in freedom of press Angola has achieved since the year 2017, expecting improvements in the days to come.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: The 'Presidential' Marriage Causing Unease in Angola - AllAfrica News: Angola
[East African] In many circumstances, a former president's son marrying his successor's daughter, would be a union made in a political heaven.