COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: João Lourenço
Population: 30,355,880 (2018)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (481,354 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Mine Action in Angola - Clearing the Legacies of Conflict to Harness the Potential of Peace - AllAfrica News: Angola
[Chatham House] This publication draws on and updates the briefing note published following a meeting of the All- Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Angola on 26 April 2017. It also incorporates insights from a Chatham House Africa Programme conference session on the legacies of the Angolan Civil War, held on 23 March 2018; and draws on the Africa Programme's research into conservation-driven development models in Southern Africa.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: MPLA Leader Has Opportunity to Bring Party Together - Politician - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -The Former Secretary General of the ruling MPLA party Marcolino Carlos Moco said on Saturday that the party's leader, João Lourenço, has a unique opportunity to bring together the leaders, curbing persecution.
- Sat - Jun 15, 2019: Attorney General's Office Warns Shareholders of Elektron Capital - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -The Attorney General?s Office (PGR) warned on Friday that the Angolan State will seize the assets of every singular Elektron Capital?s shareholders, should their participation in Bank Economic have not the real value or harm the public interest.
- Sat - Jun 15, 2019: Ruling MPLA Congress Should Strengthen Party Cohesion - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -The 7th Extraordinary Congress of the ruling MPLA taking place this Saturday is mainly focused on the cohesion and unity of the party and to consolidate the leadership of its president, João Lourenço, said on Friday the vice-president, Luísa Damião.
- Sat - Jun 15, 2019: Ruling MPLA Leader Wants Militants Committed to Reforms - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -The ruling MPLA President, João Lourenço, referred Saturday, in Luanda the need for his party's leadership to be strengthened with people committed to ongoing reforms in the country aimed at creating a true democratic state governed by law.