COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: João Lourenço
Population: 29,310,273 (2017)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (481,354 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Investigate Past Rights Abuses - AllAfrica News: Angola
[HRW] Johannesburg -Angolan President João Lourenço should mark his first year in office by directing his government to investigate past rights abuses by state security forces, Human Rights Watch said today.
- Fri - Oct 12, 2018: Portuguese Pig Farmers Intend to Help Angolan Counterparts - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Benguela -The chairman of the Portuguese Federation of Pig Farmers Associations, Victor Menino, last Thursday in the centre-west Benguela Province guaranteed the availability of his institution to welcome in Portugal Angolan youths that are willing to attend training programmes on pig farming.
- Thu - Oct 11, 2018: President Lourenço's Anti-Corruption Drive Changes the Rules in Angola - AllAfrica News: Angola
[African Arguments] Several allies and relatives of the former president have been arrested on corruption charges. What effect is this crusade having on the country?
- Thu - Oct 11, 2018: Huawei Invests U.S.$60 Million in Angola - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Beijing -At least USD 60 million is the amount that was invested in Angola, in the past 20 years, by the Chinese multinational company Huawei, deemed the world's third greatest producer of smartphones.
- Wed - Oct 10, 2018: Governor Pledges Certification of Portuguese Companies' Debt - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -The governor of Luanda province, Adriano Mendes de Carvalho, said on Tuesday, that November 22, 2018, is the deadline to certify the debt of Portuguese companies that render service to the Provincial Government of Luanda (GPL).