COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: João Lourenço
Population: 30,355,880 (2018)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (481,354 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: COVID-19 - Angola Supports Nationals Stranded Abroad - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -Angolan nationals stuck abroad following the State of Emergency decreed by the head of state Joao Lourenço are all under control.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Minister Clarifies Return of Retired Health Workers Amid COVID-19 - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -Angola's Health minister Sílvia Lutucuta said Wednesday that the request of retired professionals of the sector owed to the need to strengthen the health units and quarantine and treatment centers of Covid-19.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Parliament Okays Extension of State of Emergency - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -Angolan Parliament Thursday in Luanda unanimously agreed to the extension of the State of Emergency declared by the Head of State, for another 15 days as part of the measures to curb the spread of the convid-19 pandemic in the country.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: COVID-19 - MPLA Officials Urged to Donate 25 Percent of Salary - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -Leaders and officials of the ruling MPLA party from various levels have been recommended to donate 25 percent of their basic salary aimed to combat Covid-19 pandemic.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: COVID - 19 - Angola Vows to Increase Testing By Late April - AllAfrica News: Angola
[ANGOP] Luanda -The country's National Molecular Biology Laboratory will increase its testing capacity from 91 a day currently, as from the second half of April this year, according to minister of Health, Sílvia Lutucuta.