COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Abdelaziz Bouteflika
Population: 40,969,443 (2017)
Land Size: 2.4 million sq km (919,595 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: Vipers Ponder On Wasswa, Lwanga Replacements As Team Heads to Algeria - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Monitor] Kampala -Without defensive kingpin Geoffrey Wasswa, Vipers look like every pundit's side to concede a goal in every game they play.
- Mon - Dec 10, 2018: Catholic Church Beatifies 19 Murdered Clerics From Algeria's Civil War - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Deutsche Welle] The beatification ceremony, held in the Algerian city of Oran, was the first of its kind in a Muslim nation. The Roman Catholic clergy were killed between 1994 and 1996 during the decade-long conflict.
- Mon - Dec 10, 2018: What Mandela and Fanon Learned From Algeria's Revolution in the 1950s - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[The Conversation Africa] On the fifth anniversary of South African statesman Nelson Mandela's death, it's worthwhile to remember how his thinking moved from violence to reconciliation as the solution to undoing apartheid.
- Fri - Dec 7, 2018: Algeria to Use Home Stars Against Gambia - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Foroyaa] Algerian coach Djamel Belmadi has revealed his plans to field an Algerian side dominated by home-based stars against Gambia.
- Tue - Dec 4, 2018: Kylian Mbappe Wins Young Player Of The Year at Ballon d'Or - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[allAfrica] Cape Town -He has been compared to Brazilian legend Pele for being the first teenager since a 17-year-old Pele to score twice in a World Cup game. And as if his stunning double in France's World Cup win over Argentina was not impressive enough, the past few days in Paris have continued to add to the absurd resumé Mbappe has compiled.