COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Abdelmadjid Tebboune
Population: 42,972,878 (2020)
Land Size: 2.4 million sq km (919,595 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Ennahar TV Director Anis Rahmani Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[CPJ] The Committee to Protect Journalists today expressed disappointment at the conviction and sentencing of Algerian journalist Anis Rahmani for his work as director of Ennahar TV.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Sahrawis Determined to Embark On New Stage in Their Sacred Struggle - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] Havana -- The president of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR), Brahim Ghali, participated, at the invitation of Cuba's Communist Youth Union, in the "Pioneering Ideas" event held Havana, where he put forward the determination of Western Sahara people to enter into a new stage of their sacred and legitimate fight.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: SPLA Continues Attacks On Moroccan Positions - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] Units of the Sahrawi People's Liberation Army (SPLA) continue their targeted attacks against the trenches of the Moroccan occupation army at the military wall, said the Sahrawi Defense Ministry in its military communiqué No. 13.
- Thu - Nov 26, 2020: Finance - Benabderrahmane Discusses Algeria's Economic Outlook With IMF Team - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -- Finance Minister Aymen Benabderrahmane discussed by video-conference, with a team from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Algeria's economic outlook, particularly following the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on national economy and the fall in hydrocarbon prices, said the ministry Thursday in a statement.
- Thu - Nov 26, 2020: Attar Condemns Attacks On Oil Installations in Saudi Arabia - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -- Minister of Energy Abdelmadjid Attar, reacted on Tuesday to the attack against the oil installations near Jeddah, in Saudi Arabia, condemning any attack on oil installations in any OPEC member country.