COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Abdelmadjid Tebboune
Population: 42,972,878 (2020)
Land Size: 2.4 million sq km (919,595 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jun 11, 2021: Tebboune - Citizens Sovereign to Choose Their Representatives in Parliament - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -- President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune said Thursday in Algiers that citizens are sovereign to choose their representatives in the next People's National Assembly (lower house of Parliament) in the legislative elections of June 12th.
- Thu - Jun 10, 2021: Legislative Polls - Over 23.5 Million Voters to Elect Lower House MPs On Saturday - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] ALGIERS-More than twenty-three and a half million voters will are expected to head to polling stations on Saturday, June12th, 2021 to elect their representatives at the People's National Assembly (Lower House) for a five-year, after an election campaign marked by calls for a high turnout in these elections "decisive" for the stability of the country and socio-economic development.
- Thu - Jun 10, 2021: Economy - Algeria to 'Recoup' 2020 Losses As of This Year - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -- The year 2021 is slated to see a gradual return of the economic activity in Algeria to levels that allow the country to "recoup" the losses incurred in 2020 and reduce the disequilibrium in State accounts, the Finance Ministry said Wednesday in a communiqué.
- Wed - Jun 9, 2021: Ninth Legislature Resulting From Upcoming Polls Marks Completion of State Institutions Building - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] ALGIERS-The People's National Assembly (Lower House) resulting from the next legislative polls on 12 June will inaugurate the 9th legislature, which comes in exceptional circumstances marked by the decision of the President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune to dissolute the Parliament and hold anticipated legislative polls, one year before the term expiration.
- Wed - Jun 9, 2021: Algeria Beats Mali to Extend Unbeaten Record - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[CAF] Defending African champions Algeria extended their unbeaten run to 25 matches, after defeating Mali 1-0 in a friendly match on Sunday evening.