COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Abdelaziz Bouteflika
Population: 40,969,443 (2017)
Land Size: 2.4 million sq km (919,595 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Oct 17, 2018: Algeria Reaffirms Western Sahara 'Is a Decolonization Issue Between Polisario Front, Morocco' - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] The Western Sahara conflict is a decolonization issue between the Polisario Front and Morocco, affirmed Tuesday in New York Algeria's Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Ambassador Sabri Boukadoum.
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Deputy Minister Luwellyn Landers Undertakes Working Visit to the Saharawi Refugee Camps in Tindouf, South West Algeria, 12 to 15 Oct - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Govt of SA] Deputy Minister Luwellyn Landers will undertakes Working Visit to Saharawi Refugee Camps in Tindouf, South West Algeria, from 12-15 Oct 2018.
- Mon - Sep 24, 2018: 10th Meeting of JMMC - Producing Countries Continue to Seek 'Balanced' Oil Market - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] The Joint OPEC-non-OPEC Ministerial Monitoring Committee (JMMC) convened in Algiers, for its tenth meeting, said that the despite the growing uncertainties surrounding market fundamentals, the 25 producing countries continue to seek a "balanced" and sustainably "stable" global oil market.
- Tue - Sep 18, 2018: Angela Merkel Praises Algerian Efforts to Repatriate Rejected Asylum-Seekers - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Deutsche Welle] Germany's Angela Merkel has praised Algeria for its "constructive cooperation" in repatriating rejected asylum-seekers. Merkel's Algeria visit comes ahead of an EU leaders' summit, where migration is certain to dominate.
- Tue - Sep 18, 2018: Algeria to Repatriate All Its Nationals in Illegal Situation in Germany - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -Prime Minister Ahmed Ouyahia said Monday in Algiers that Algeria will repatriate all its nationals who are in illegal situation in Germany, whatever their number.