COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Abdelaziz Bouteflika
Population: 40,969,443 (2017)
Land Size: 2.4 million sq km (919,595 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Statement of the African National Congress On Eritrea-Ethiopia Implementing the 2000 Algiers Border Agreement - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[ANC] The ANC notes this morning's speech by H.E. Eritrean Comrade President Isaias Afwerki on Eritrea's Martyrs Day, as well as the Executive Committee decision of the Ethiopian governing-party's EPRDF to
- Tue - Jun 12, 2018: Algeria Dump Ethiopia to Qualify for Ghana 2018 - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[CAF] The Algerian women national side completed a double win over Ethiopia in the last round qualifier to cruise to the 2018 Total African Women Cup of Nations. The Fennecs managed to defeat Lucy in Addis Ababa 3-2 to complete a resounding 6-3 aggregate victory that saw them qualify for the prestigous African women football tournament for the fifth time in their history.
- Wed - Jun 6, 2018: Algerian Fixer Completes a Year in Prison - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[RSF] Reporters Without Borders (RSF) calls on the Algerian authorities to quickly release Saïd Chitour, a media fixer who completed a year in prison today. His health is deteriorating fast and there is no evidence to justify detaining him.
- Tue - Jun 5, 2018: National Football Team Face Algeria Today With 7-1 Deficit - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Ethiopian Herald] The game between Algerian and Ethiopia
- Thu - May 24, 2018: Algeria Deportations Raise Fear of Xenophobia - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[CAJ News] Algiers -THE international community is wary of a possible outbreak of xenophobia against sub-Saharan Africans after a mass expulsion of these nationals from Algeria.