Bringing it all Together
This module on Early African History has given you an opportunity to look at the ways in which historians find evidence and interpret it into an historical framework that tells people today about life in the past. Think back on the different periods in African history that have been discussed in this module. What kinds of evidence did historians find? Where or who did it come from? And what did it tell historians about the past? In the chart below, think of at least ten specific examples to provide answers to these questions. The example given below will help get you started.
- Activity One: How Do We Know Africa has a History?
- Activity Two: The Great Egyptian Civilization
- Activity Three: The Great West African Kingdoms
- Activity Four: The Kingdom of Great Zimbabwe
- Activity Five: Bringing it all Together